forty-three

Antonio sat with his arms folded, awaiting his guest to join him in a minute. He trailed his fingers on his side, ready to pull out his weapon at any given time. He was ready for war.

The double doors sounded opened and Daniel came in, in his peripheral view. Smirks mirrored both of their faces as if they were both excited to see each other. Daniel was guided to the table and the hand cuffs were removed from his wrist and legs.

"You finally got some courage to come see me, huh?". Daniel didn't waste time stating, taking a seat across from Antonio.  A man who he should've killed when he had the chance. He has been waiting for his revenge and now seemed like a good time in his mind. He wouldn't mind see his blood dripping from his hands.

"I came to see the hell hole you are being held in". Antonio flashed a smile while looking around. "Glad to see you still holding up well, Daniel".

"Holding up well? Are you fucking kidding me?". Daniel furiously banged on table catching the bystanders attention. However Antonio held his hand up, stopping his bodyguards and security from moving any further.

"Hey, calm down. I'm here to talk things out." He remarked.

"We have nothing to talk about". He spat at Antonio but Antonio wasn't fazed. In fact, he was awaiting his next move. He just needed to move faster.

"We have everything to talk about. Especially Marina".

"Do not mention my sister! You have no right to sit here and mention her name, you fucker!"  Daniel pointed in his face, veins popping out the side of his neck. He was a crimson color from all the anger build inside him.

"She betrayed me and I had no choice but to take her out. I didn't want to do it but she left me no choice. I was protecting my family. What I should've did was kill you alongside her. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking sparing your life".

"Oh please? Protecting your family? The same family you walked out on? Yeah right." A hearty laughed emerged out of Daniel's lips and that seemed to anger Antonio. He didn't like to be taken a fool. He also, in fact hated being reminded that he once stepped out on his marriage. "I'm glad you did spare my life because now I get to make yours a living hell."

A chuckle slipped out Antonio's lips and shook his head, "not before I do it. Look where you are, do you really think you can touch me?." He questioned with his brow raised. A conceited smile graced his lips. His anger was a ticking time bomb. It was just only a matter of time.

"You must forget I'm a detective." Daniel mentioned and a chuckle escaped Antonio's lip. A laugh bounced off the walls as if he had heard the funniest joke.

"A detective?", he taunted with his brow raised, "You are stuck in this horrible place, you are mentally unwell, you've committed murder and you think, in your head, you still deserve to be called that title? How did you even earn that?".

"You got me fucked up. What do you even want from me? You killed my sister. You took the most important person away from me. My only family and now you want to sit in my fucking face and be sarcastic".

Antonio held his hands up in surrender. In actual fact, he was quite done with the conversation and needed to end things right there and then. Daniel was just a loose end awaiting his fate.

One he needed to get rid of. He was wasteful matter taking up space on earth.

He stood to his feet and swiftly pulled out his gun, giving Daniel no time to react. The last thing he saw was his widened eyes oozing with fear before Antonio pulled the trigger, sending the bullet between his eyes.

Screams echoed in the room as the nurses and security rushed over and tackled Antonio to the ground. He did not resist, instead he was proud of his handy work. Everyone else looked in horror at the scene before them.