eleven

"Yo! What happened last night. Y'all didn't make it to dinner" Angelo questioned as he barged into the office of the restaurant and taking a seat at the table opposite his brother.

 Donovan blankly stared at Angelo and went back to the books. Business was booming and the restaurant had managed to make a hundred thousand dollars since he had opened in the summer. More money in his bank account, he thought.

"You don't hear me taking to you huh?" Angelo asked making Donovan to glance up once again.

"What do you want to know?". Feeling a headache coming on, Donovan rubbed his temples and casted an exhausted looked at his brother who was looking fresh as ever while looked like he was barely hanging on.

"What happened to y'all yesterday.  Mama Eden was upset about you and Cheyenne not making it". Angelo explained. A frown graced Donovan's face as he remembered last night's events.

He couldn't bring himself to even fathom her reaction.  He didn't mean to pull the gun out on her.  He wasn't even going to use it, especially on her.  He would never do anything to harm her or put her in any harms way.

"I pulled out a gun—".

"ON HER?"  Angelo shrieked in disbelief, standing on his feet while staring at his brother. "How could you do that to her bruh?" He continued.

"I didn't finish telling you the full story ". He remarked, looking at a bewildered Angelo. He was ready to fight him. He calmed down and gently sat back down.

"I was just removing the gun from my back and putting it in a safe place while riding with her. She saw the gun, went crazy and started crying and asked to leave". He explained while Angelo intensely listened.

"Did you go after her?". He asked with his brow raised, hoping that Donovan did just that.

"No—".

"See this is what pisses me off about you bro". He interrupted again, smacking his lips.

"What? I didn't do anything and she told me to let her out the car and I did just that ". Donovan tried explain but Angelo wasn't really trying to listen to him.

"Thats the problem, you did nothing!"

"You wanted me to hold her against her will?". His face scrunched up in confusion as the frown deepened.

"No, you were supposed to chase after her! How could you let your pregnant girl leave and you don't follow her to see if she's okay? Dumb as fuck Don".

"I wasn't about to force her to do something she clearly wasn't interested in doing ".

"But she's your baby mama now, your responsibility regardless of how she may tell you she doesn't need you. You got to be there for her, always". Donovan shook his head, disagreeing.

"I don't think you are hearing me. Cheyenne has said time and time again that she does not need me for her but for the baby". He stated.

"Oh brother I hear you, loud and clear and I also know how the women mind works". Angelo chuckled, shaking his head. Donovan was clueless when it came to how women operated. After all he has always had one girlfriend and never had anyone after that.

"And that's what?". Don raised his brows in question.

"I'm going to let you figure all that on your own ". He smirked, folding his arms on his chest. Angelo couldn't wait to see the drama unfold between his brother and Cheyenne.

"Let's stop talking about Cheyenne and let's focus on the new shipment plan—Cornell". Donovan mentioned, fixing the papers on his table.

"I don't trust that man". Angelo spoke up, grabbing his brother's attention, "especially now that we know Stella is back in picture"