twenty-four

For as long as Donovan was a little boy, he always knew that he had to protect his little brother, Angelo.

He remembered the first day he came home, wrapped in his blue blanket with little ducks on it and his father delicately holding him in his arms. His head full of his black curly hair and he was still a bit pink from being brought into the world.

He was the cutest baby, Donovan had seen at that time. He also referred to him as his little tiger comparing it to his teddy bear, Mr Tiger. He was always right by his side. Whenever you see Donovan, you see Angelo. It remind the same throughout their childhood until a few hours ago.

What was funny was that he didn't remember seeing his mother pregnant, however as a little boy such things don't concern you or you simply brush them off. Angelo was his brother regardless of the fact that, that they didn't share the same mother.

Donovan couldn't take his eyes off Angelo as he laid on the bed with wires and a endotracheal tube hooked in his mouth. He had different machines hooked on to him. His brows were furrowed- distraught in a way.

He had bandages wrapped around his head, from the impact his head experienced when he hit the ground which made him slip into a coma. Two bullets pierced his torso, one on his chest and another on his leg. All in all, he was shot four times. Luckily none managed to hit major arteries or veins.

Donovan could tell he was uncomfortable by just looking at him. He knew his brother inside out. He'd like to believe that. They were very close. He trusted Angelo to have his best interest at heart and vice versa.

"You find out who did this". His tone emotionless. He was back to being the cold-hearted Donovan.

"Yes sir". Mikael stated standing behind him. He was feeling very remorseful. He had taken time to bring the car out to the main entrance. The car just wouldn't start. However when it did, the gun shots had been fired and that is when he saw Angelo lying in his pool of blood spewing out his mouth and trying to stay alive.

"When you find them, bring them to me. Alive ". He ordered, still staring at Angelo. He couldn't remove his eyes off him.

He felt that if he did, Angelo would stop breathing and die on him. So he needed to keep his eyes strained on him, to make sure he stays alive. For his sanity.

The door opened causing Donovan to turn around with his eyes squinted in the direction of the door. A deadly mug rested on his face. His anxiety was peaking. He needed to know everyone walking in and out the room. No unauthorized person was allowed in the room until he found the people who did this to his sibling.

His face slightly soften noticing Cheyenne enter the room. Chey casted a small smile towards Mikael who returned her greeting with a stifle nod and walked out to give them space . Her eyes were red and puffy from crying all night. First from the news about her newly found discovery of having two babies and then about Angelo. She was distraught about the information. Angelo didn't deserve to go through that.

She slowly waddled towards the bed, eyes fixated on Donovan who was staring at her. She could see that the Donovan she knew wasn't there anymore. It was back to the cold hearted one she first met. She could see it in his eyes.

"Hi". She softly spoke, standing besides him. She wanted to comfort him the best way she knew how but she didn't want to be blown away. She didn't know how to anyways but she will try her best.

Donovan simply nodded his head, returning his gaze on Angelo. Chey sighed and looked ahead as well. She hated seeing her best friend laid out on the bed, hopeless. She never imagined this to happen to Angelo.

"Dr Robyn said I could go home". Chey decided to break the awkward silence in the room.

"You know where you're supposed to go". He bluntly stated causing her to roll her eyes.