thirty-nine

A few days later...

Cheyenne heard the news that Angelo was awake so she decided to pay him a visit. She had a fruit basket with some other necessities she thought he'd like. She was excited to see him and tell him the news about his niece and nephew —that she'd given birth to not one but two babies.

She nervously took her steps towards his room with Amanda discreetly trailing behind her a few feet. The whole family had to be guarded at all times since Donovan's abrupt disappearance. It was for their own safety. Seems like war was discreetly looming.

A brown skinned, thick woman walked out the room catching her attention. Her face looked familiar and reminded her so much of her mother. They shared similarities that were cunning.

She squinted her eyes as she tried to scan the mystery lady's face but she was out of her eye sight with quickness. Her back was turned towards her and walking away. Cheyenne shook her head, ridding her mind of negative thoughts. Maybe she was overthinking it. She tended to do that most, these days.

She missed her mother so much and everything reminded her of her. Little details would trigger her emotions indicating that she hadn't healed in the way she thought she did. Just like the woman she saw a few moments ago.

"I'll be out here whenever you are ready". Amanda mentioned once they stopped before Angelo's door. Cheyenne nodded her head and gently pushed the door.

She peeked her head in, catching the attention of the people in the room. It was the doctor—Dr Luther, Lucian, Shelly and Angelo inside.

"Chey, come in!". Lucian happily waved her in once he noticed her. He had taken a liking to her. She was enchanting as well as reserved.

Angelo examined Cheyenne as she nervously made her way inside the room. Lucian grabbed the basket from her hands and placed it on the bedside table where all his get-well-soon gifts were displayed. The small smile on her lips, brightened up the room making him smile as well. Her facial features were similar to the lady who had just left his room a few moments ago.

Cheyenne was draped in a black short sleeve jumpsuit  On her feet were a pair of Gucci platform slides and her toe were coated in a blush pink acrylic. Her hair was blown out and pulled into a sleek ponytail. Her sweet scent engulfed the room, displaying notes of flowers and the spring breeze.

"Hello everyone. I came to see this one", She pointed towards Angelo. Shelly simply looked at her and turned her attention back to her phone. Both Shelly and Lucian have been at Angelo's bedside since he's been awake.

Lucian's reason was simply spending lost time with his son. He had hopes to tell him the long awaited news with Eden's permission, of course. While Shelly was just being a supportive girlfriend despite her father's words, forbidding the young lady and knowing they were currently at war with the Italians.

"—Well Mr Luca you are in the clear and free to go home in the upcoming days. Your memory is still a bit blank, especially recent memories so take it easy in trying to remember as much. Your memory will come back—in due time. Physiotherapy is also recommended"  Dr Luther mentioned briefly before excusing himself once he was done checking up on him.

"What does the doctor mean?"  Cheyenne questioned with her brows furrowed after the doctor let out.

"It means he's suffering from a TraumaticHead Injury. He doesn't remember recent events." Lucian informed her.

"Oh no. So sorry about that Angelo". Cheyenne stated, with a frown on her lips.

He nodded his head and said, "Thank you. How do we know each other? I would never forget such a pretty face. Though you look Cori, who just left". He questioned in a playful manner. He flashed a grin her way.