sixteen

"Donovan please just let me explain!". Stella begged as she followed her ex lover. He ignored her and continued making his way to the car where Mikael was waiting on him with the door open.

"Donovan stop! I'm trying to talk to you like an adult!". She whined, tugging at his foreman. He harshly turned to look at her, causing her to halt in her steps almost bumping into his chest and falling on her face.

"Stella or Amina or whoever the fuck you are. I have nothing to say to you!". He spat with a menacing glare on his face.

"Well I have something to tell you and I won't stop untill I talk to you". She stubbornly stated, folding her arms to show she was serious.

They had a stare down. Donovan noticed that a lot had really changed about Stella. Still slim as ever, she could pass up as being a model. Really tall with long legs and small breasts and butt. She wore her signature lip color, red.

It looked good on her new face and brought out her predominant features like her narrow nose and thick lips. Her round eyes which were now blue in color and her oval face which seemed to suit her.

Donovan pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. He let out a sigh and decided to hear her out. He didn't want to but if he didn't, Stella won't stop. She was a persistent person.

"Speak". He said through gritted teeth.

Stella shook her head and looked around, rubbing her hands against her forearm, "Not here. Can we talk in the car?".

She questioned him causing his brows to furrow in confusion. His nose flared out but he said nothing and stepped aside. Stella got inside the car and Donovan followed suit.

Mikael got in the front seat and pulled out of the restaurant driveway.

"You said you have something to tell me. Now speak".

"Cornell isn't who he says he is". She started. Donovan remained calm and allowed her to continue, "He is planning on taking you down then taking over your territory. He is working with Alexio Venturi. I heard them talking about a stolen shipment and how they are going to start taking over".

"Interesting". He stiffly nodded his head.  He knew all about Alexio stealing his shipment but he didn't know about Cornell working with him. Although he wasn't surprised.

"And they are working with the some Russian mafia family called the Moskals". She added letting out a breathe. The car was silent as Donovan let the information sink in.

He knew all about the Moskals family. They have been trying to take over the De Luca territory in the US and some parts of Africa they had territory over.

Donovan thought that they had reached a truce since it was in effective since the late nineties; the time his father took over but that wasn't the cause.

New rules and new leaders meant war and who was going to come out on top.

"And why are you letting me know? What's in it for you?". He turned to look at the woman besides him. His eyes were trained directed on her own. This made her lower belly drop and butterflies to swim.

"You deserve to know. I couldn't let you be kept in the dark. I hope this little bit of information helps". Stella mentioned. Donovan was glad that Stella told him this little bit of information. He was grateful but that didn't mean he was letting her in.

He hoped she didn't get the wrong impression.

"What happened to your face". Donovan's curiosity got the best of him and blurted out the lingering question in his mind.