forty-six

"Happy birthday baby". Cheyenne cheerfully walked into their huge  bedroom, holding a tray filled with all the breakfast goodies Donovan loved; pancakes, sausages,  bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns and a tall glass of orange juice.

Donovan spotted a wide grin on his face as he laid in bed. He helped Cheyenne with the tray, making her place it between them and leaned over to peck his lips multiple times.

"Good morning my love and happiest birthday to you." Chey said once more, picking the crispy strip of bacon off his plate and placing it right at his mouth, feeding it to him.

"Good morning indeed". Donovan laughed, after swallowing his food."Thank you for this. This just made my day" Donovan appreciatively stated, grabbing the fork from the side.

"Okay old man." Cheyenne teased.

"Oh you got jokes huh." Donovan smirked, shaking his head. Cheyenne admired him as he dug into his food, enjoying the breakfast she made for him. She had woke up early to make this day special for him as Donovan wasn't one to celebrate his birthday  like that.

"I love you". Cheyenne said, placing her lips on his once more, tasting the sweet syrup on his lips from the pancakes.

"I love you more babygirl". He kissed her back, pulling her close.

Cheyenne pulled back and caressed the side of his face, "Now finish up, take a shower and meet me downstairs in twenty minutes. Dress casual and don't be late sir."

"What have you got up your sleeve?". He questioned.

"Don't worry about it". She smiled. Cheyenne had been planning Donovan's birthday surprise for weeks, and she couldn't wait to see the look on his face when she revealed what she had in store for him

She stood on her feet and exited the room. She checked on her babies and then headed to take a quick shower.

When she was done, she dressed up. She wore her camo stretch cargo jeans in olive that were form-fitting around her curveous figure and a plain black tee. On her feet were comfortable, matching green Nike dunks. She put on perfume,  her Cartier watch, necklace, earrings.  Lastly she peeled off the bonnet on her head and brushed through her cornrows and retouched her edges.

She did a quick and flawless make-up look. She outlined her lips with her brown lip liner and then smeared her Nyx butter gloss in the shade Mahogany which went well against her toffee toned skin.  She brushed up her eyelashes and grabbed her purse and phone.

"You look good." Donovan stated, once he laid his eyes on Cheyenne. She gave him a once over and giggled.

"You want to be me so bad. Look at you." She stated. Donovan was dressed in black cargo pants with a black graphic tee and his green dunks as well. His tattoos were on display and sporting a silver Rolex on his wrist.

"Even down to the shoes, Mr DeLuca ". She shook her head once her eyes averted down to his feet.  They were matching.

"I guess great minds thing alike". He shrugged.

"I'm sure." She teased, humming, "Are you ready sir? "She looked at him with her eyes flattering.

"You driving?". He asked with his brow raised.

"Yes I am. Why?"

"Can I at least have my gun with me, you know for protection? ". He carefully asked, watching as her face slightly look uncomfortable. "It's just to make sure we stay safe. I wouldn't want anything to happen us."

Cheyenne reluctantly agreed, "Sure."

"Thank you. You getting better at this." He praised her, causing a smile to etch on her face.