thirty

The night was cool— crisp to be exact, setting the tone for the event. The two gentleman walked into the mega mansion which had been elegantly decorate in hues of black and silver. Black tie was the theme as always, waiters and waitresses glided around the room with trays filled with cool beverages. Soft jazz music played through the house and conversations flowed in the open area as Donovan and Mikael stood side by side.

It was a networking event, one that was hosted annual for men like Donovan. The mafia crew. De Luca's had for many years tried to get into the private party however they never made the list. Nobody wanted to be associated with them as they were considered rivals.

However this time, their name made the list. Donovan was the first and he was of cause going to honor the invite. It's not every day you wake up to the underground mafia wanting to merge their aliases especially with the De Lucas considering the type of weight their name carried on the streets in the current moment. Donovan did want to expand the business and he had his eyes on a few cartels he would like to join alias with which meant more money for him and of cause more protection.

"All these beautiful women here tonight". Mikael murmured eyes flicking to every woman who passed his way. He needed to get laid asap. One particular, gorgeous woman caught his attention.

"Focus Mik". Donovan stated, taking a young sip of his whiskey and took a glance of his watch. He wasn't much of a drinker so he was going to be stuck on his one drink tonight and he felt out of place. One thing he didn't miss was the looks he was getting from the women and the men.

He hated being in crowds. Networking and talking wasn't his thing. It was more of Angelo's thing but business needed to be done. He was the social butterfly while Donovan liked to blend in the background. This time around, he was doing the socializing.

"Right, my bad". He tucked his lips and scanned the room. Donovan was ready to get out his clothes. The formal look was suffocating him. He liked dressing casual so this time he had to step it up, he need to make a good first impression for those who have never seen him. Which is most of them but they however knew about his family.

"Ladies and Gentlemen can I get your attention please". A orotund voice spoke into the mic, catching the attention of the people in the room making the chatter died down. They all gave him their undivided attention

"Thank you so much for honoring our invite tonight. As you can see there are some familiar faces and not so familiar faces. Don't be alarmed though, we have decided to expand our aliases giving us more power, protection, ammunity and of cause my favorite talk, more money!". The people in the room laughed and applauded sounded in the room too.

"Please enjoy, there is enough food, drinks and obviously money in this room tonight for everybody. Engage and exchange all that is needed. If you are into something else, that us also provided, thank you!". The speech ended and Donovan kinda thought that was a bit corny but each to his own. And he knew what the something else was; cocaine.

Donovan shook his head and decided he wasn't going to stay for long. Thirty minutes max. He had honor the invite and that was more than enough human engagement for him. The chatter was giving him a headache.  He hated bring in crowds.

His phone vibrated in his pocket, making him slip it out. He was responding to a conversation between him and Chey from earlier.

Can I come over tonight? Sent 20:43pm

For what baby daddy 🧐?

Idk, 
just cause

will you get me ice cream?