ten

Ding!

Cheyenne's phone vibrated against the kitchen island. She picked it up and saw a text from Donovan with an attachment.

10k to get your nails, hair and outfit for tonight

Her brows furrowed in confusion as she read the text message and indeed, he had just transferred the money into her bank account.

I don't need all this money, she sent back, finishing her fruit bowl and a bowl of oatmeal with a glass of water.

well, I'm not taking it back

I don't want it.

just take the money.

no!

Cheyenne sent having the last word. Donovan did not reply back making her roll her eyes. He was being a pain in her ass. She stood up from the kitchen island and headed to the sink, rinsing her bowls and spoons. 

She headed to her room and grabbed her ugg boots out her closet and slipped on her coat to cover up since it was cold outside. She grabbed her purse and headed back to the living room.

"Come on baby" She whistled towards Cece. Happily wiggling her tail and purring as Cheyenne rubbed her coat.

"I will be back". She stated and made kissy faces. Making sure Cece had enough food and water until she came back, she said her goodbyes once more and made sure to leave some music playing lowly in the background for when she gets tired.

She made her way to the basement parking and hopped into her car. She placed the seatbelt across her body and made sure she had some music playing in her car before she pulled off.

Heading to her first appointment, she went to get her nails done. Med-long, tapered square shaped nails and blush pink in color. When she was done, she headed to get her hair and lashes done.

Walking into the shop, she bumped into someone. Looking up to apologize, shock invaded her body as she stared at her cousin, Cassey, standing before her. She hadn't seen her in forever.

"Chey? Oh my goodness. it's so good to see you. You have grown". Cassey said, walking up to her with her arms opened, wanting to hug Chryenne but she stepped back, feeling all her emotions come back. She will never forget how Cassey made her feel when her mom passed. 

"Y-yeah, it's good to see you too". Embarrassed, Cassey's hands fell to the side. She took in Cheyenne's appearance and saw her looking good from way before. Her hair was pulled back and she was rocking a black long sleeved ribbed unitard with uggs on her legs. A cute black designer purse on her arms. 

"Where you been girl? Aunty Mila and them been looking for you". She stated but Cheyenne's lips curled in slight disgust and Cassey noticed, she, however decided to pay it no mind. She always thought that Cheyenne always thought highly of herself and looked down on other but that wasn't the case.

"I'm sure they do". Cheyenne mentioned with a roll of the eyes. Cassey waved her attitude off and continued speaking.

"When are you going to come see us?" Cassey questioned with her brows raised.

"Never". Cassey gasped as if what she said was a surprise.

"You still hang over what happened all those years ago? Girl, please let it go". Cassey scoffed.

"It wasn't ye—"

"Yes, it was" Cassey interrupted, rolled her eyes too and scowled.

"I'm never going to let it go because your mother could've helped my mother, but she didn't! She could've helped me when my mother died but she decided to turn her back on me too so no, I'm never letting it go. Y'all claimed to be my family but you did nothing to prove that. Now excuse me". Cheyenne pushed past her so called cousin and walked inside, leaving an embarrassed Cassey outside.