Chapter 2: The King of Iron Fist Tournament 4 Begins

C/N = Country Name.

Y/N POV

The King of Iron Fist Tournament was a concept which I knew a fair amount about. I'd heard stories about the first two tournaments, the events that had unfolded there and of course I watched some of the fights for the third tournament two years ago.

One thing I knew was that whenever one of these tournaments was held, it was always the centre of a massive conflict or a scheme at the behalf of the Mishima family, whether it be Heihachi, Kazuya, or Jin. This time though, I would be right there along with it and I'll admit I was anxious.

As per my instructions, I travelled to Japan the sight of the tournament to sign-up. Fighters from all across the world were here to compete most of which were probably completely unaware of the hidden agenda that was likely brewing behind closed doors.

I went to one of the many booths and firmly told the person behind it. "I'm here to participate in the tournament." The woman didn't even look up as she asked "Name?" I replied using my alias "Eagle."

The woman in the booth typed onto a computer, next asking "Country of origin?" I answered "C/N." She typed some more and asked "Where will you be staying?" I thought back to my orders.

My superiors had managed to book out a suite in a hotel. I went ahead and answered "The Emerald Raven." The woman let out a faint "Hmm." Typing up that information before saying "I just need your contact information." I gave her that and she finally stopped typing and looked back at me.

"Okay, that should be everything, just sign here." She pushed a document towards me. It was basically a policy that made the Mishima Zaibatsu exempt from any charges for any injuries sustained in the tournament, figures.

The woman finally said "That's all. Keep tuned to the TV, the match-ups for the first round tomorrow will be broadcast to any channels supporting the Tournament tonight at 20:00." Before calling "NEXT!" I just moved to the side letting the next person come up, a man in a bizarre attire with purple hair and sunglasses. I was too far away to hear what he whispered to the woman in the booth.

??? POV

I watched as the boy in the black ninja-like attire walked away. I leaned towards the receptionist and whispered so he wouldn't hear. "Who was that boy? What did he say?" The woman stared "I'm sorry sir, that information is confidential.

I slowly lowered my sunglasses and raised an eyebrow flirtatiously and tried to charm her. "Oh? Don't take that tone with me. I'm a trustworthy man my dear, you can trust me." The woman stared at me wide-eyed stammering "O-of course."

She went on to explain "The boy's entered under the name Eagle, he's from C/N. That's all I know." I commented "Eagle, no doubt and alias of sorts." I turned to where the ninja had once been stood only this time, he'd vanished without a trace. 

I smirked and muttered "Neat trick." My thoughts were cut off when the booth woman asked "Sir, are you participating?" I turned back to her saying "Ah yes sorry." Even as I signed myself up under an alias of my own I couldn't help but wonder.

Who was Eagle?

Y/N POV

That was it? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, from a man like Heihachi Mishima, a huge greeting shouldn't have been expected. Anyway, with that done, I made my way back to the hotel which my superiors had booked, the Emerald Raven.

It wasn't a posh or particularly fancy place. But it wasn't run-down in the slightest. I entered the hotel and spoke to the receptionist. Since the room had been pre-booked, I just simply told them the room and got my key, no further questions asked.

Once I'd reached the room, numbered 157 I pushed the door open and stepped inside. As soon as the door was closed I didn't even bother turning the lights on and collapsed down onto the bed.

I just stared into space for a moment wondering, could I actually pull these orders off? Make it all the way to the end of the tournament, and not only defeat Heihachi, but also successfully apprehend him. Was I strong enough?

Timeskip...

The time came, after hours of waiting and staring into nothingness, the time in which the fight match-ups for the first round. And I will admit I was curious. The King of Iron Fist Tournament was unique in one way.

Rather than having the fights come one after the other in an arena. The fights would be dotted around, all happening at the same time. Just as the woman had told me, I tuned the TV in to one of the channels that had supported the tournament.

To my surprise I was met with the grinning face of Heihachi himself, he sat in a large chair in what I assumed to be his office. His hands were clasped in front of him as he greeted. "Greetings. I welcome you all to the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4, from those who are merely spectating, to those willing to dirty your hands in a fight or two."

Image of Heihachi Mishima (Except he's wearing the cheetah pattern coat he wears in the Tekken 4 into. He won't wear his gi until later.):

He went on with his speech, false friendliness seeping from his every word

He went on with his speech, false friendliness seeping from his every word. "Now, as you know, warriors from across the globe have come to Japan to compete. And it's now time to finally draw the first round of matches. And go."

He stepped aside as the screen behind him showed a bracket system. At the bottom were the names of each competitor. I scanned the names and my blood froze. Sure enough, Jin Kazama was here, but I saw another name that caught me off guard.

'Kazuya Mishima'

I'd thought he died years ago after the second tournament. This complicated things a LOT. I continued to skim the other names, some of them I knew, others I did not. At last I saw my bracket, I sighed with relief at my opponent. No Mishima or Kazama yet it seems. One of the last brackets read.

'Eagle vs Christie Monteiro'...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I may take two days for the next chapter as well since I'm still easing myself in with actually writing this book, sorry for any inconvenience. I really hope you liked the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.