Chapter 16: The Tag-Battle

Y/N POV

Okay, things were beginning to get interesting already. As you know, me and Raven had received our match-ups for the first round of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. I had the boxer Steve Fox and Raven got the taekwondo practitioner Hwoarang. Both of which I'd heard of before vaguely.

Steve made the rounds in the boxing scene in the UK, he'd participated in the last King of Iron Fist but we'd not fought or even seen one another. Hwoarang was also there and he'd been in the previous one as well. Both occasions he'd been eliminated by Jin Kazama himself that may say something about his skill.

Either way, neither one was to be taken lightly.

The real point of interest came in the morning. Just like with in the previous tournament, we'd received the contact info of our opponents and it seemed these two were quite eager because they got in touch with our burner phones quickly and set the time and place.

What made this especially interesting was that it seemed they wanted to meet us at the exact same place and at the exact same time! This in itself was strange. But if it was both me and Raven, there wouldn't be a major cause for concern.

The sight in question was on top of this building within Tokyo at 10:30 this morning. We waited around, I stretched my arms and legs a bit to warm myself up for the morning before Raven stated "Let's go." I just nodded and replied "Right."

(I should mention, this fight takes place on the 'City at Sunset' stage from Tekken 5. However it's not sunset since it's morning at this point in the story.)

Timeskip...

After leaving the hotel, we made our way to the location of the fight. It didn't take us long to find the building in question and ascend it to reach the roof where we sure enough, found a few cameras likely to film the fights for audiences viewing at home.

We didn't need to wait long, shortly after our arrival atop the skyscraper. We heard a voice speaking in Korean. We were able to understand him though to know what he said was "Well, it seems our duel invitation worked."

Another voice spoke in agreement "You said it. This should make things more entertaining." Turning around, I was met with our opponents, I may have never met them in person, but I'd seen footage of both from previous tournaments so I knew who they were.

Images of Hwoarang and Steve Fox: