Chapter 20: The Second Williams Sister

Y/N POV

My eyes narrowed as I saw multiple kunai flying towards me rapidly. It was easy to counter, I just reached around my back and brandished a few of my own before throwing them in that direction. Most of them hit their mark and the rest, I dodged by flipping backwards.

Once I recovered I looked around for the culprit and instantly spotted them stood a short distance away. They were partially concealed in shadows however the bright red dress they wore gave away their position.

I raced after them, after Armor King's sudden escape, I wouldn't let this happen again. The figure turned and also began running and quickly retreated into one of the nearby buildings. This made me somewhat cautious.

The arena where I'd fought King was relatively isolated aside from people there for the arena and fights there. Most of the buildings nearby were derelict and there weren't many people around. That made Armor King's disappearance strange and also made this figure's presence more uneasy.

Either way, I made my way into the building in search of whoever had ambushed me. I remembered them yelling something about a 'sister' this indicated we may just be looking at a misunderstanding of sorts. I still needed to find them though to straighten this out.

And find them I did. I explored the building, finding no traces of life at first. That was until I entered one room in particular on one of the upper levels, a large window overlooked the rest of the city. There was a flash of red and I was suddenly struck from behind!

The blow knocked me to the ground however as my attacker went for a follow-up blow, I managed to dodge and retaliated with a kick. This caught my attacker in the stomach causing them to let out a grunt that was clearly female. They skidded back across the ground as I got to my feet, this gave me my first look.

She had brown hair which didn't even reach her shoulders and wore a long red dress of Chinese origin. I did recognize this woman, another face I'd heard about from the UN's records of previous tournaments I'd had to read before the last one. Suddenly the 'sister' remark made sense. Anna Williams, younger sister of Nina Williams.

Image of Anna Williams:

I stated similar to what I'd done when I first met Lili, with a cold tone of voice

I stated similar to what I'd done when I first met Lili, with a cold tone of voice. "Anna Williams." Once she'd stood up, she glared at me and snapped "And who the hell are you supposed to be?!" Folding my arms I replied with my own question "Why did you attack me?"

Anna growled in frustration "I thought you were that damned sister of mine. Apparently not. You can't really blame me though, I'm looking for her and I see someone out of the corner of my eye moving quickly and suspiciously. I attacked on instinct. Now answer my question. Who are you?!"

I was getting annoyed with the number of times I got roped into confrontations like this outside of the tournament matches. Lili, Armor King and now Anna Williams. Two of these were big names from the older tournaments. Even so I replied the same way I did with Lili. "That's classified. I don't need to explain myself."

There was silence for a moment between us, the two of us just stared each other before a grin spread across Anna's face. A malicious smirk that made me uneasy right away. She took a step forward before saying "Then I'll just have to make you squeal won't I?"

There wasn't any stances this time, Anna just rushed me instantly going in for a karate chop attack that I barely had time to intercept. Blocking it and going in for a chop of my own. This was also blocked.

Anna seemed to go right into the offensive, trying to land multiple chops and almost slap-like attacks. Her style of fighting could be compared to that of her sister's but slightly less refined. This meant while I was having trouble blocking her, I soon noticed she left the odd window open for my to counter.

And that's what I did. As she went in for one chop in particular, I caught her arm holding her in place before hitting her with a shove from my shoulder. This stunned her and allowed me to land several kicks followed by one more powerful strike that knocked her to the ground.

As I should have expected from a warrior like her, it didn't take long for her to recover. She got to her feet and wiped her mouth a bit before saying "Well aren't you quick. No matter, I'm just getting started."

A second time, she rushed forward. This time she leapt off the ground and thrust her foot out in front of her for a kick. I managed to block however because she'd put all her weight into it, she actually broke right through my guard, making me stagger back.

And she wasn't going to let-up now. In that moment I was met with several slaps one after the other followed by a palm thrust that struck me right in my mouth. I heard a bit of a crack and recoiled a bit.

She made no effort to attack and instead just stared at me. I took this moment to reach up and lower my mouth covering. This was the first time at either tournament where I had to do this, even against Lee, the fight I LOST.

I spat some blood out and turned back to Anna. She just stared at me for a moment before grinning and remarking. "Heh, who'd of thought a handsome young man would hide themselves behind such a boring mask. And yet, a bit of you looks familiar."

She thought for a moment mumbling "Your fighting style is slightly familiar as well." Before snapping her fingers "Ah, I've got it! YOU must be the son of Lee Chaolan." I growled in anger causing her grin to grow. "And judging by your reaction, you don't like him very much. Seems family hatred just thrives around these tournaments."

There was another pause before she said "He's here you know. At this tournament I mean. Do you really think you can hold a candle to him?" I replied "I got distracted in our last battle, I won't let that happen again."

Anna raised her hand to near her mouth and let out a laugh. "HAHAHA! That's the spirit. Now-." She trailed off for a moment before adding "Since I've figured out your little family complex. Mind telling me who you are?"

I spat out "Eagle, that's all you're getting." At this, I was confused as Anna's eyes widened, her grin vanished. She mumbled "Eagle..." Again, she seemed to pause before asking "So, it was you then? Who bested my sister in the previous tournament then?" Her tone was completely unreadable.

I corrected "She forfeited the match. I'm certain she figured out who my father was and left me to find out." Anna took a step towards me. "Either way, you managed to knock my sister down a peg or two. I should thank you. But at the same time, it should have been me."

She took another step, her expression once again became a grin as she said "I guess I'd best return the favour." She raised her hand as if she was about to strike. I looked behind me to see the large window.

Anna took a third step closer and I glanced at her, scowling as I said "Sorry, but you won't get that chance." In a quick movement, I leapt back, slamming my back full-force into the window and managing to break through it. 

I winced a bit as I fell down two floors, not enough for it to kill but enough that I felt a bit of pain as I hit the ground. I managed to get up onto my feet and began walking away. In the process I looked back to the gaping hole.

Anna just stood in the centre of the hole just watching...

Anna POV

So, that Lee had a son. Of course he would. I will admit, I'm surprised that this was the same guy who I'd heard managed to face Nina in the last tournament. To top it all off, he was shrouded in mystery. I knew more about the Mishimas than I did about this guy. I grinned as he disappeared from sight. 

Turning from the now-broken window, I grinned. "Run away little Eagle. We'll meet again soon I presume..."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, with that Anna has officially been introduced into the story. Now, I will admit, I'm still planning out the segment so I'm still trying to think ahead of how things will play out later down the line. Even so, I really hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.