Chapter 25: Raven Down! Kazuya's Questions

Raven POV

I didn't really know what to think about this. I still held the Zaibatsu's letter in my hand. The one that revealed my next opponent. The name at the bottom, almost like that of a ghost.

'Kazuya Mishima' 

I was still trying to wrap my head around how he'd seemingly come back from the dead. Kazuya died during the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2 decades ago. And yet, Eagle had reported his presence at the fourth tournament, and here he was at this one as well. His name written here was proof enough.

Could I win? I don't know. But I would try, I'd be damned if both me and Eagle lost this tournament before we got the name of its sponsor. If I lost, it would be down to him entirely. And I was unsure if he'd be able to handle it.

Either way, I had a window now. One where I could collect more information. Kazuya could very well have the information I sought. And with the name was the contact information, I wouldn't be surprised if Kazuya just had a burner phone for the tournament as well. Can't imagine him being one to have regular phone calls and contacts.

It was me who initiated the conversation. He was very blunt, giving a 'What?' when I rang and a 'Fine.' when I ordered him to meet me on top of one of the skyscrapers in the city, not one being used for the tournament, I wanted this fight kept off the Zaibatsu records.

As soon as the call was over, I made my way to the rooftop in question and waited. A single bead of sweat trickled down the side of my face as I maintained my calm persona, keeping my nerves in check. I couldn't let any anxiety get in the way. No matter how dangerous I'd heard the Mishimas were...

Timeskip...

I don't know how long I waited, it felt like it could have been minutes, or hours. The sound of footsteps snapped me out of the state and I turned to see my opponent in the flesh. He held a glare fixed on me as he approached.

I slowly turned, giving him a sideways glance as I stated "You're the coward that ran away from danger." I was referring to the incident at the end of the last tournament, Kazuya left Heihachi to die in the explosion while he fled.

My accusation actually seemed to catch Kazuya off guard. His eyes widened as he asked "How do you know about that?! Who are you?" My eyes narrowed under my sunglasses as I sternly told him. "I have no need to explain anything to you."

Kazuya folded his arms, mirroring my posture. A smirk spread across his face as he commented "You'll be talking soon enough." He lowered his arms and entered the stance of Mishima style karate. 

The time for talking was over it seems, I entered my own stance and waited. My nervousness may have dissipated. But I knew not to get cocky. That was the worst mistake I could make. I had to keep my wits about me.

In an instant, I stepped forward and thrust my arms in a motion to chop both sides of his neck. That's when I was met with a fist thrusting right into my stomach! I paused for a moment, gasping at the force of the blow.

Kazuya quickly followed up with a kick, striking me in the shoulder and knocking me to the ground. He spoke coldly. "You'd be wise to tell me what I want to know." For a moment, he dropped his guard and I used that moment to strike!

Instead of slowly getting to my feet, I spun around striking his legs with a low sweeping attack. This made him stagger and granted me the chance to follow up. Now on my feet, I went in for a palm thrust that struck him right in the chest.

I shifted behind him rapidly and went in for two punches one after the other, followed by a kick to his back that crashed him face-first into the ground. I didn't think for a minute that this would be enough to take him out. And sure enough, he was soon back on his feet giving me an even more angered glare than before.