Chapter 7: Tracing the Tekken Force

Y/N POV

As soon as my mind began to regain its focus, my eyes snapped open. I instantly remembered what had happened before I was knocked out. My battle with Jin, the interruption from the Zaibatsu's soldiers, being taken by surprise. 

I sat up and scanned my surroundings. There was no sign of Jin anywhere. The last thing I remembered was the soldiers gathering around him. They must have taken him with them, wherever he'd gone.

Getting back up to my feet, it was now that I noticed an envelope on the ground. It was just like the ones that had been delivered to my hotel up to now. Plain white with a Mishima Zaibatsu seal on it. I took the seal off, opened the envelope to find the letter inside. I took it out and began reading.

'Dear Combatant 

Congratulations on your victory over your opponent and your progression on to the fourth round. Said round will begin tomorrow morning.'

It seems since Jin was taken away, I'd been deemed the victor of this battle. Not through my own skill, but through the Tekken Force's intervention. It also listed my next opponent for tomorrow morning however in that moment, I wasn't focused on that. 

At the bottom of the letter was one last message. And while the rest seemed like it was just generic text with the exception of my opponent's name and information, this bottom part was written out by hand.

'Desist your mission. You'll find nothing of value here except trouble. You have been warned. Next time though, there won't be any formalities. The choice is yours.'

It seems Heihachi had caught on to my little assignment. Even so, his threat wasn't exactly enough to make me quit. In fact Heihachi's stunt in abducting Jin had piqued my interest. If anything I wanted to investigate.

I don't know how long I'd been out for exactly. There was a possibility it hadn't been that long and Jin won't have gotten far. One thing was certain, there was no use in sticking around here. I wasted no time leaving the car park behind.

As soon as I made my way outside, I came across something of note. The trucks the soldiers had arrived in must have stopped abruptly as I saw dark tire marks burnt into the concrete. My eyes narrowed as I knelt down and inspected it.

The marks seemed to curve out of the car park and go down the road to the right. It's safe to assume this was the way they'd gone. Getting back in my car, I headed in that same direction. I was unsure if I'd find anything. If not, I'd just head back to my hotel continue the tournament as I initially planned.

I didn't know exactly where I was going, but I'd hopefully be able to find a clue, anything as to what happened to Jin. The best plan would be to locate more Tekken Force soldiers. I'd lost track of the soldiers from earlier, but if I could find others, I could perhaps get the answers I sought.

I drove around the city, the remaining fights for the tournament were likely over and everyone would be returning to their respective resting locations. As I drove I reached a hand up and tuned in to my earpiece.

I'd not used it since the tournament began but I felt with the recent development with Jin, it would be best to inform my superiors what had happened. There was a light beeping as the device connected and I soon heard an operator's voice "Report."

I wasted no time explaining. "This is Eagle reporting in. I've lost sight of Jin Kazama. It seems Heihachi's soldiers managed to get to him." The Operator could be heard typing on a keyboard. "Yes, he was designated as your opponent for the fourth round correct? That match wasn't televised for some reason, what happened?"

I muttered "That explains it." I went on to answer "Our fight went okay. But towards the end we got ambushed by the Tekken Force. I got knocked unconscious and when I awoke Jin was gone. I assume the soldiers took him. What are my orders?"

The operator mumbled "Right, let's see." Typing could be heard again before he finally responded "Your orders remain the same. Find and apprehend Heihachi Mishima. If you can, see if you can locate Jin. Find out what Heihachi wants with him. Those Mishimas always have some sort of motive. Aside from their family rivalry."

I nodded "It will be done." With that my earpiece signed off. I kept on driving down the street. It was definitely starting to get dark now. I contemplated giving up my search and just heading back to the tournament.

However, like stars-aligned, I heard a sound coming from one of the nearby roads. I parked my car just to the side and got out of it. With stealth on my side, I managed to head into a nearby alley and peered out. What I saw caught my attention.

Two Tekken Force soldiers patrolling or just waiting, I don't know. We were currently a good few miles from the car park where we'd been ambushed. The Mishima Zaibatsu had effectively taken over the city for the tournament so it wasn't a surprise to see soldiers patrolling. However, they may know of Jin's whereabouts. I couldn't help but grin.

I began to approach the soldiers from the shadows. As I drew closer I began to overhear a conversation. One soldier asked in a curious tone "So, what do you think's going on in this tournament?"

Another one replied "What do you mean?" The first soldier explained "I mean this company has gone through several owners. Heihachi, Kazuya, Heihachi again. I'm pretty sure Heihachi's father once ran it. It makes me wonder, who's going to be in charge after this tournament?"

The second once again replied "Who knows, as long as they pay well and don't kill us for screwing up. Honestly, Heihachi gives me the creeps. For an old guy you'd swear he'd rip us apart if he got angry enough."

They kept conversing as I drew closer before finally making my move. Leaping from the shadows, I swiftly elbowed one of the soldiers in the back, followed up with a chop to the neck that stunned him before he collapsed to the ground.

The second spun around yelling "Hey!" He raised his rifle but I disarmed him. He raised his fists like a boxer and attempted to land a right hook. I easily dodged landing an elbow to his stomach. I heard a wheeze noise.

I followed by swinging my arm into his helmet, causing him to stagger back. Thirdly I landed a kick to the back of the soldier's leg causing him to drop to his knees. Before he could fall over completely, I grabbed the front of his body armour.

Staring at the soldier, I wasted no time asking "Tell me, where is Jin Kazama?!" The soldier stared at me before snapping "I'm not telling you crap!" I growled, narrowed my eyes and raised my hand in a punch motion, whether I'd actually go through with it, I don't know if I actually intended to go through with it.

I growled "Tell me what you know. I won't ask nicely again." My eyes widened slightly. I don't know if I was being too cruel. But for now I didn't care. The soldier slowly raised his hands and began stuttering.

"I-I don't know anything about Jin Kazama. He was one of the fighters right? Did something happen?" I didn't trust his words. I kept my hand held in the air as I stated coldly "You'd better not be lying."

The soldier exclaimed "I'm not lying! I honestly know nothing about what happened!" His words sounded more truthful now. He seemed genuinely terrified of me. Whether he knew or not wasn't the end of the world.

I let the soldier go, he collapsed onto his hands and knees. Without another word, I turned and walked away. There was nothing more to say. If he truly knew nothing, I'd have to search elsewhere. One person who definitely would know was Heihachi, I'd just have to reach the end of the tournament to get my answers on that.

I took a look at the envelope I'd received when I'd woken up. More specifically. I looked at the name of my next combatant for tomorrow morning. The name confused me, no surname mentioned. Just a single word.

'Violet'...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. I'm so sorry for the inconsistent uploads of this story. The chapters kind of take longer to write than I'd like so sometimes I've got too much on in a day to write a chapter in one sitting. I do hope you enjoyed it though and as always, thank you for reading.