Chapter 32: Putting Marduk in His Place

(Okay, some of you may be confused. I made a mistake and actually put this chapter's ending in the last chapter. Forgetting about this concept. I've gone back and corrected that error however since a lot of you had already read by that point, I figured I'd mention it here.)

Y/N POV

Craig Marduk and Anna?! These two together was strange, I'd expected both of them to just leave following their respective defeats however here they were. And judging by Anna's expression, she wasn't too pleased about it.

I growled to myself and looked at the radar, Jinpachi's position was still where it had been before. But I had to use my time wisely. Too many distractions and he could slip away. True, Raven could find him, but given how he'd lost to Kazuya, would he be able handle Jinpachi alone?

I chose to remain hidden, prepared to either leave or intervene. I remembered, Marduk had lost to King and I'd bested King with only mild difficulty this time. Should I have to step in, I knew I'd be able to take the wrestler down quicker.

The Australian wrestler stepped forward, a smirk spread across his face as he eyes Anna up and down and spoke "Oooh, yeah baby. That's what I'm talking about. You need to get with me girl." I rolled my eyes at this as Anna's scoffed and spat "Ugh, I'm not into Neanderthals. Go back to your cage."

This only managed to make Marduk laugh as he declared "HA! I always get what I want!" This was the point where my decision became clear. I had no doubt Anna could handle herself however even so, I stepped into the alley and asked "Is there a problem."

Catching the attention of them both, Anna simply murmured "You..." Marduk kept his smirk but spoke clearly frustrated "It's nothing you need to concern yourself with, ninja." I retorted "Oh? Doesn't look like it from where I'm standing."

Anna spoke up "I don't need your help, I can handle this on my own." I just turned to look at her and then at Marduk who also said "Look, I've not forgotten you attacking that Armor King wannabee on my behalf. Because of that, I'll give you one chance to walk away."

At the mention of Armor King, I remembered what he'd said about Marduk murdering his brother in a drunken brawl. Even if it was an accident. Murder was murder, I understood his hatred.

In this state Marduk snapped "Didn't you hear me? Get lost!" I snapped out of my trance and my eyes narrowed at him. I folded my arms before saying "Maybe it's you that should get out of here."

At this, Marduk's eye twitched a vein could be seen on the side of my head as he growled "Why you... How dare you talk to me like that!" I just stared at him blankly which only served to anger him further. Like a furious animal, he yelled "RAAAAAAAAAA!" And charged forward with his arms extended in front of him.

I effortlessly leapt over him as he attempted to grab. He staggered forward and this gave me a chance to land a kick to his back that caused him to arch a bit and drop onto his hands and knees.

He wasted no time getting back up and tried to land a punch however I easily dodged both that and a shoulder charge. I landed a kick that hit Marduk in his side and stepped back as he went for a downward punch and hit the ground.

He shot his head up towards me and snapped "Stand still!" He let out another roar and went for another shoulder charge which made me leap up into the air. I briefly perched on top of him, with my feet on either shoulder however as he reached up I leapt off and struck him in the back of the head.

This caused him to stagger. He tried to turn and swing his arm for another strike however I managed to step around him and proceeded to knee him in the stomach before elbowing his cheek.

Marduk was enraged at this point, fists clenched, he yelled "Damn! You're like a cockroach. Just as tough and twice as annoying!" I kept my arms folded, instead calmly saying "Then you'd be wise to leave here. I have more important places to be."

At first Marduk did nothing, remaining frozen in place. This was soon revealed to be a ploy. Before I could react Marduk let out a yell and I found myself being struck by a powerful punch right to the face.

There wasn't time to recoil properly as the next thing I knew, the wrestler tackled me to the ground. I tried trying to get him off however he didn't budge. Instead I was met with another punch to the face that forced my head into the ground.

This was followed by two more as Marduk snapped "You should have taken my offer and ran ninja. Don't blame me for what happens next." He smirked and raised his fist again however in that moment he left himself vulnerable.

I formed a pincer gesture with my hand and lashed out at his neck. I aimed specifically for a pressure point that if hit correctly would subdue him. As soon as the pincer attack hit, I switched to a chop and followed up with that.

Marduk's eyes widened, his mouth hung open as he let out a groan noise and fell completely limp. I muttered "Get off me." and pushed him off me, causing him to now lie face-down on the concrete of the alley.

I got to my feet and dusted dirt off before turning to Anna. I'm surprised she hadn't left in the conflict. She stood with her arms folded and a glare. I simply asked "What?" She instantly explained in a bitchy tone. "I was more than capable of handling the barbarian on my own, I didn't need nor require any help from you!"

Now, I'll admit, this angered me. I responded, actually raising my voice this time. "That may be the case. But I was still here, I still saved you the trouble. No need for you to act like a bitch!" Too my surprise, this just made Anna grin.

"My, you do know how to stand up for yourself. I'm impressed." I just glared back at her before saying "I don't have time to babysit you miss Williams. I have important places to be." I turned to walk away when Anna called "Wait!"

I stopped in my tracks and turned to give her a sideways glance but remained silent. "Why are you here? Creeping around in the shadows. Who are you?" I instantly replied "Eagle, the rest is classified."

Anna stated "Don't give me that! I could care less about why you're here. Give me your real name, I already know you're the son of Lee Chaolan." I sighed, she had a point, the main reason my name was secret was to hide any family connections. The only connection I had was my father, who she already knew. And that's why, probably against my better judgement. "Y/N L/N."

This was what caused Anna to smirk "Well, I guess I do owe you thanks Y/N L/N. But don't get used to it. Keep in mind, I don't owe you anything." I shook my head "I could care less whether you do. Now, if you're done, I have somewhere more important to be."

Anna just joked "My my, certainly more urgent than your father." I just let out a "Hmm." And began walking away from the scene. Leaving Anna in the alley with the unconscious Marduk. I didn't notice that once I'd gone, her smirk grew larger...

Timeskip...

I continued to follow the radar, Jinpachi's location still hadn't changed. It was as if he was waiting for something. Or someone. I stared at the blinking light, no more distractions, no more interruptions. Or so I thought.

A voice could be heard behind me "Find something that interests you boy?" I recognized the cold yet deep tone of the voice. It caused my blood to run cold as I turned around to face the source of it and sure enough. My fears were confirmed as he stepped out from behind a chunk of rubble, arms folded and a smirk spread across his face.

"A pity whatever it is, you won't be getting there anytime soon..."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. Sorry for all the confusion with the endings, the reason I had to go back and include this chapter is because the events here will be brought up again by both Anna AND Marduk in the next segment. I really hope you enjoyed it and as always, thank you for reading.