Chapter 34: Jinpachi Mishima

Y/N POV

Nothing, that's what I found upon reaching the location of the beacon. No sign of Jinpachi at all, but it certainly looked like he'd been here, or something had been here. Aside from a forest, a few hills and what looked like a small structure far-off in the distance, the entire area seemed to have been flattened, replaced with a barren rocky wasteland with a crater in the centre.

I looked around, no sign of Jinpachi, the scout who'd sent out the beacon or Raven. I reached up to my earpiece and contacted HQ, once I heard the operator, I requested "Patch me through to Raven."

Shortly after I heard the voice "Raven here." I sighed with relief "You're okay. Good. I'm at the beacon's source right now. Where are you?" Raven explained "I got caught up, a squad of those G-Corporation Jack robots ambushed me, a new upgraded model. Certainly an upgrade over the Jack 4. They're still dealt with though."

I nodded, even though I knew he couldn't see me. "Okay, how far away are you now?" Before he could respond though, I heard the sound of footsteps I told Raven "Wait, something's coming." And that's when I heard a chilling voice say "It's already here."

Spinning around, I signed off the earpiece when I saw a man approach me. He was certainly large, muscular. A white beard curled around and went back up his head. Even though I'd never met them before, I knew who they were. "Jinpachi Mishima." Was all I said.

Image of Jinpachi Mishima:

Jinpachi glared at me with glowing yellow eyes before he reached and fished something from the sash around his waist

Jinpachi glared at me with glowing yellow eyes before he reached and fished something from the sash around his waist. He held up an object and said "So, you were the one following this here then?" My eyes widened when I recognized the beacon, where was the agent though?

I got my answer when Jinpachi spat angrily "I don't appreciate people who snoop in the shadows." I didn't need to use my imagination. He dropped the beacon to the floor and crushed it under his feet. I snarled, now Raven would have trouble finding his way here!

Turning back to Jinpachi, he folded his arms.  "But, it brought you here did it not? A warrior skilled enough to make it this far. What is your name?" I initially responded "Eagle." However strangely enough this angered the man in front of me as he snapped "Your REAL name!"

I didn't know how he'd react to this news. However if he wanted my real identity, who was I to deny him. "Y/N L/N, son of Lee Chaolan who was adopted as the son of Heihachi Mishima." Sure enough, this revelation caught Jinpachi off guard.

That expression only lasted a second though as his expression became serious. "You could be lying, but I can tell from your tone of voice and expression that you're telling the truth. Even so, you lack the cursed Mishima blood."

There was a pause "Yet, you were skilled enough to make it this far. Perhaps I can humour you a little." I spoke "Your friend Wang Jinrei, I made him a promise to help you." At this Jinpachi froze, I heard him mutter "Jinrei? He's here?"

The yellow in his eyes disappeared for a moment and I saw something, sadness, guilt. I was left confused, especially when he quietly spoke to himself "He actually came..." Before I could ask what he meant, Jinpachi let out a pained growl and clasped his hands on either side of his head.

The growl transitioned to a roar that caused me to take a step back. Jinpachi lurched his head forward as the yellow in his eyes returned and he snapped "It is too late for that now, I am in full control!"

He began rambling "I will not allow anyone to interfere with my destiny! Not one of my family, and certainly not you!" It was clear he was enraged, however down one of his eyes, I saw what seemed like tears. What the hell was going on?

It was at this point I finally chose to ask "What are you planning?" Jinpachi let out a laugh, his voice becoming distorted in the process.

"Can't you guess? I was revived from death with a simple goal. My goal?" He paused for a moment before abruptly yelling "MY GOAL IS TO DESTROY ALL EXISTENCE!" He raised his arms in the air as a purple energy built up around him.

I quickly assumed a fighting stance, however my eyes narrowed when I noticed his body seemed to undergo a transformation of sorts. His skin took on a veiny purple quality. Large spikes protruded from both his back and his forearms, lastly but probably most disturbingly, a giant mouth opened up in his stomach!

Image of Devil Jinpachi Mishima:

Once the transformation had completed, Jinpachi turned to look down on me, a grin spread across his face as he let out a demonic laugh

Once the transformation had completed, Jinpachi turned to look down on me, a grin spread across his face as he let out a demonic laugh. I readied for battle, however a fear built up inside me. I'd never seen a transformation like this. 

But I had a feeling this fight would be even tougher than my fight with Kazuya. And one of the toughest battles I'd ever face...

Author's note: And that's it for this chapter, the next one will be the fight against Jinpachi. This will be split into two parts (one for Y/N and one for Jin). And that will be the end of this segment. Once this is done, I'm going to take a break to finish another book I've left for a while before coming back and finishing the next two segments. I really hope you enjoyed and as always, thank you for reading.