Chapter 10: The Battle of Father and Son

Y/N POV

This was it, the final battle of what felt like a long tournament and what I battle it would be. Looking at the initial roster, I could have seen this outcome coming. Of course it would be Kazuya to reach the final round and get to battle his father. 

I'd heard about their previous battles years ago. In the first King of Iron Fist tournament, Kazuya challenged Heihachi and overcame him. In the second, the script was flipped and this time Heihachi came out victorious. That's what made this fight so intriguing.

My father Lee had quickly left after his defeat. I however stuck around to complete my mission. Instead of waiting until morning, the final match of the tournament was instead being held at night. The sky was black and the floodlights shone down on the arena.

Kazuya was once again stood in the arena waiting for his opponent. A voice echoed through the arena "THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT, FINAL STAGE!" Fireworks shot up on one side of the arena and that's when I saw Heihachi.

He stood with a menacing grin on his face. He began heading down the walkway in a dramatic fashion, heading towards the arena in the centre. As soon as both combatants were present, the cage lifted up.

The fight was about to begin...

Kazuya Mishima POV

I scowled as my father strutted down towards the arena. I didn't strike him for the theatrical type. I kept my arms folded and my glare on him as he stepped onto the stage. He looked at me with a smirk and said "Let's see what you've got." The cage rose up around the arena.

I got into a fighting stance and instantly asked "What have you done with Jin Kazama?" I knew my father had something to do with his disappearance. If the Devil was to become whole, I would need to find Jin. Heihachi, my father maintained his grin and entered a stance of his own. "HA! I'll tell you after the fight." 

Once the intercom for the arena announced "FIGHT!" My so-called father went in for the first blow. He thrust his foot forward to kick my chest and followed with a roundhouse kick. I managed to block both attacks with little effort.

In retaliation, I went with three quick punches one after the other followed by a kick, the punches were blocked however my kick managed to catch his leg. I used a Wind God Fist to strike Heihachi on the chin making him fall to the ground.

He didn't even get up before responding, instead he stuck his foot out to sweep my leg. I staggered to regain my footing and by this point father had already got back to his feet. Before I could recover properly he grabbed my shoulder and hit me with a strong headbutt.

The shear force of his head colliding with mine was enough to knock me back and to the ground myself. However I wasn't out of the fight yet! Far from it! In the process of getting up, I went for the same trick that took out Lee.

I ducked down, spinning as electricity built up around me. I then leapt up, allowing my fist to strike my father's chin once again. He lurched up and was once again knocked to the ground. This time though, he didn't waste time on a sneak attack and got back to his feet.

He glared at me before saying "Not bad, but not good enough!" He thrust his palm out in front of him, causing it to collide with my chest. I let out a grunt, my eyes went wide, as I was forced back as well.

I stopped myself from falling over and didn't take a moment to breath. I went right back in for a pair of punches, the first with my right hand, the second with my left. The first struck his chest, the second hit his cheek making him step back. 

I spat "Is that good enough old man?" Heihachi just chuckled and snapped "Not in the slightest!" We both stepped towards one another and lashed out. I went in for a punch with my left hand which Heihachi blocked. He went for a punch with HIS left hand and I blocked that one. This left us in a clash.

I noticed blue electricity building up from our hands. It travelled down our arms and completely enveloped our bodies. Both of us pushed forward in an attempt to overpower the other, however this didn't accomplish anything, I shifted my idea and thrust my knee forward.

It collided with my father's stomach. His eyes widened this time as he gasped a bit. I withdrew from our clash and landed another punch to his face. I went to follow up with a hit to his side but he managed to block and swung his fist down on my head like a hammer.

I recoiled from the blow but it wasn't enough to take me out. I quickly responded when I punched out again causing my fist to impact his stomach. He did the same, causing me to gag, we stepped away from one another clutching our stomachs for a moment before recovering.

As much as I'd normally love beating down my father, this fight was ultimately a waste of time. I wanted nothing more than to find Jin and take back what was MINE! Heihachi was just the last roadblock to get to that.

With this in mind, I went on the offensive. My goal was to end the fight as soon as possible. I could take my father out at my leisure after that. I landed a kick that hit my opponent in his nose, making him recoil.

I did a jab to his stomach. That made him double over. Two hard-hitting punches after that. Heihachi still recovered and thrust both his palms into my stomach to stun me and then struck me with his forearm coated in lightning.

He tried a punch but I caught his fist and squeezed. I heard the bone crunch a bit as father let out a groan in pain. In this moment, I kicked him again before repeating one of his own tricks from earlier. I grabbed his shoulder and contacted with a headbutt!

At that my father was knocked back. He attempted to get back up only to drop down on one knee. It was evident the fight was over. I could have finished him then and there. Ended decades of suffering. But as of now, I had another priority.

The crowd was cheering yet I paid them no mind. Instead I just stared down at my father, eyes narrowed as I instructed firmly "Now, take me to him as promised." My father slowly got to his feet. He snapped his fingers and the cage was lowered.

He turned his back to me, only giving a sideways glance and saying "Come with me if you want to see your son." He began walking out of the arena, me close behind. The crowd seemed surprised that there was no celebratory event, nothing. 

Instead we just left in silence...

Y/N POV

My eyes widened as I saw Heihachi leave the arena with Kazuya close behind. I instantly got on my earpiece and informed the operator that responded "Eagle here, Heihachi and Kazuya have both departed from the arena."

The operator quickly replied "Follow them, don't let either of them out of your sight." I said "Consider it done." I instantly hung up and slowly shadowed the pair. I didn't know where they were going.

But what I was about to witness, would only be the start of the chain of events to come...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. The next few chapters may be quite interesting since they kind of will blend both the Tekken 4 and Tekken 5 segments together seamlessly. I hope you like them. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.