Chapter 9: The Return of Kazuya Mishima

Y/N POV

I was still in shock. Both about finding my father, Lee Chaolan of all people as well as the fact that I'd been eliminated from the tournament. I of course, had a feeling I would and doubted my abilities to make it to the end. But not like this. I'd expected to be knocked out by an opponent way beyond my skill-level. Likely someone with the Mishima blood. That idea only expanded when I found that Kazuya had entered the tournament seemingly risen from the dead! I didn't expect to lose like this.

It was because of this, my head still being a shambles, that I didn't report my failure until after my lunch. I'd returned right back to my hotel to collect my thoughts before finally reaching out to my earpiece, turning it on.

It took a moment for me to hear an operator's voice on the other end "Eagle report!" It actually took me a moment to speak. I was still left in a state of rage towards Lee and the shock I'd felt upon the revelation.

Eventually though, I plucked up the courage to speak. Even then, it came out as a stutter. "I-I'm sorry." The operator must have been confused as he asked "Repeat that please?" I did exactly that, this time much clearer. "I'm sorry, I have failed my mission. I was knocked out of the tournament."

The operator sighed "Relax Eagle, we've already been informed. The next fight is about to begin between a 'Violet' and Kazuya Mishima, whoever wins this one will go on to the finals to battle Heihachi."

I explained "Violet was the one who overpowered me. I'm sorry." The operator reassured "Don't worry. There's still a way for you to complete your mission. Simply wait until the end of the tournament. For the time being, you are to observe the next two fights, keep an eye on both Kazuya and Heihachi. Through them you'll likely also find where Jin's hiding."

I stated "It will be done." The operator then said something which also caught me off guard. "And Y/N, no one saw your defeat. We know why you lost and we had to interfere with the signal to avoid your real name and connection to Violet hidden." I thanked "I appreciate it. Signing off."

Before I could switch it off, the operator said "Wait Eagle, there's one last thing you need to know." I asked "What's that?" The operator stated "We dispatched Raven to observe, once you have Heihachi, rendezvous with him and successfully apprehend Heihachi."

I did smile a bit at this info. Raven was another rival of mine, but on a slightly more friendly terms. He wasn't the most expressive person, but he was powerful and would certainly be useful to have on hand." I said "Very good."

With that, I turned my earpiece off. I had to leave my hotel quickly to be in time for the battle. I knew they were being held in the large Mishima Zaibatsu stadium. I drove there and parked up. However I didn't enter though.

Instead I leaped off the walls of nearby buildings, reaching the stadium. I reached the framing that held the large spotlights in place. This fight was being held later than previous afternoon ones so it was starting to get dark by now and I had a birds-eye view of the arena.

Cheering crowds completely surrounded the small cage arena in the centre. A loud voice could be heard announcing through the speakers "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!" Steam shot up around the arena and from either side I saw figures emerge. The crowds continued to cheer as the two men went along walkways from either side of the arena reaching the cage.

One of them I instantly recognized as my father. A new wave of rage washed over me. However it soon dissipated when I saw the other. Even when I saw his name on the initial fighters list. I didn't want to believe he was truly alive after all these years. Like a ghost. KAZUYA MISHIMA!

Image of Kazuya Mishima: