Chapter 5: Ambushed at Night

Y/N POV

The fight with Nina still played on my mind. I tried desperately to get my head around her actions. I knew her reputation and throwing a match didn't seem like something she would do normally.

We seemed just about even, the outcome could have gone either way between us. And yet, in that moment, she'd given up. For some reason. She had a look of recognition, as if there was something she knew that I didn't. I may just be jumping at shadows though. She also claimed she'd be able to complete her mission without the tournament so that was probably why.

Either way, that was it for today. The first two rounds had been completed. I'd find out who my next opponent for the day would be tomorrow morning. With that knowledge, I returned back to my hotel the Emerald Raven and went to lie on my bed.

My brain was still racing. Ranging from the minor like who my opponent would be to the major like how far would I actually get in this tournament. I thought back to when the roster was revealed. Jin Kazama was here, as was Kazuya Mishima who'd I only heard stories about. 

Could I beat a Mishima? My squabble with Jin before the tournament wasn't much to go off. By some miracle I did beat them there was still Heihachi to deal with not only did I have to defeat him, but also apprehend him at the same time! It sounded impossible.

I sighed, placing a hand on my forehead and resting against one of the pillows. I'd need to get as much sleep as I could in preparation for tomorrow's battles. 

Timeskip...

I must have dozed off, I don't know how long I'd slept for exactly but one thing I was certain of was that suddenly a shrill but very much male shriek sounded throughout my room. My eyes snapped open to see a figure stood over my bed, sword raised in a downward stab.

I ducked out of the way just in time as the blade stabbed into the mattress where my chest had once been. I swiftly recovered and leapt to my feet. Turning to my attacker, I just about managed to get a better look at him through the darkness.

He was about the same height as me, wearing black armour that resembled a rhinoceros beetle. His face was skull-like and in his hand was a sword which had a slight green glow to it, reflecting the moonlight in the now-open window I assumed he'd come through.

I instantly asked in a furious tone "Who are you?!" Yoshimitsu replied "Me?" He spoke Japanese, his voice holding an extremely distorted effect to it as he gave a theatrical bow and introduced. "Yoshimitsu! Master of the Manji Clan!"

Image of Yoshimitsu:

I'd heard of the Manji Ninja clan

I'd heard of the Manji Ninja clan. And Yoshimitsu in particular. A warrior completely shrouded in mystery. Always keeping his appearance completely hidden under a suit of armour, making his identity a complete mystery.

Yoshimitsu proceeded to point his sword at me. "Enough about me! Who are you?! Mysterious ninja shows up in the tournament, defeats THE Nina Williams. Even if she threw the match, you had her on the ropes!"

I raised an eyebrow "Thank you?" Yoshimitsu wasn't done though. "And yet. You fight exactly like another. A warrior from many moons ago. A relative perhaps?" My eyes widened, I knew what he was referring to. My father."

I asked "My father?" Yoshimitsu clapped "Oh, yes! It adds up perfectly! He's your father, yes yes! And he's right here at this tournament." That was what made my world freeze around me, I had trouble finding words for a second as I stammered out "M-my father's here? Who is he?"

Yoshimitsu waved his finger about in front of him, speaking in an almost playful manner. "Ah ah ah! No spoilers! You'll have to wait and see." This caused me to grow angry as I snapped "Tell me what you know, or at least why you broke into my room!"

Yoshimitsu just laughed "I told you why I was here! You will tell me who you are and why you are here! It's not good for people to sneak around!" I folded my arms before reaching around slowly until my hand had reached one of the Kunai on my belt just to be safe.

Suddenly Yoshimitsu let out another squeal and lunged forward. He swung his sword towards me as he exclaimed "YOU CAN'T GET THE DROP ON YOSHIMITSU!" His reason for abruptly attacking, I don't know. What I did know was that this guy was insane! And deadly!

I just about managed to raise my kunai to defend myself. The weapons clashed. Yoshimitsu exclaimed "Ah! You have fire! I respect that. Now, try this!" Suddenly, from his back insectoid wings emerged.

He flapped them before withdrawing from our clash. He went in for another swing of his sword. I grabbed another Kunai and deflected that as well. I proceeded to leap back and hurled both projectiles at him.

They had no effect though, he simply raised his arm to block them. He began spinning around, wailing constantly. As he did so, he drew closer until he was right in front of me. What he did next caught me off guard.

He thrust his sword through his own stomach! The blade came out of the other end and almost hit me. That was likely Yoshimitsu's intent. I just about managed to dodge though and instantly reached for two more kunai, throwing them at Yoshimitsu.

He blocked them however this time, before he could do any more, I raced forward and performed a roundhouse kick that struck him right across his face, causing him to stagger back. Normally this wouldn't have done too much damage, however the Manji Clan's master simply stopped.

He inspected his mask, my foot had actually left a light crack in it. He cackled to himself before oddly enough, complimenting me. "You possess you father's skill. I'll give you that! Well done!" I just glared at him, snapping "So, what the hell was this? Some kind of sick joke?!"

Yoshimitsu continued "A test, and an interrogation if you played along. Sadly you did not." I approached him as he began to step back rambling "It's been fun boy. We'll meet again  someday. Farewell!"

And in what seemed like one of the weirdest things I'd seen. He leapt from the open window. I ran over and stared out over the night-city. I saw Yoshimitsu leaping from rooftop to rooftop, his wings fluttering behind him and his blade spinning like a helicopter above his head.

I could have followed him, I wanted to. But I didn't. The next match-ups were coming in the morning. And I needed to at least try and sleep before then. I had a feeling though, after that strange yet brief encounter, I would have no such luck. Yoshimitsu's random assault woke me up, and I'd got nothing out of it, he showed up 'tested' me and left. With no reason. It did open up a new can of worms though.

My father was here, but who?

Timeskip...

The morning came around and sure enough. I got the envelope revealing my third opponent. The wrestler with the Jaguar mask known simply as King. We met up and as you'd expect by now. Battled.

The fight wasn't anything special, I actually won in record time. King was powerful, the blow he did land managed to knock me back. However my speed was what gave me a massive advantage over him and soon, I had him knocked to the ground making me the victor.

And it was with that victory, that afternoon I received another envelope congratulating me on making it this far. It also revealed my fourth opponent in the tournament and while Nina made me nervous, this one made me downright terrified!

'Jin Kazama'

It seems our face-off would come at last...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. I won't be able to upload tomorrow since I'm going to be busy again. However the next chapter should be good since we'll finally get Y/N vs Jin, with an interesting outcome. Also, if you found this chapter disappointing for me skipping Y/N and King's battle, I plan to give them a rematch later on, same with Yoshimitsu. I really hope you liked the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.