Chapter 27: Rematch with Lee, Pursuing Retribution

Y/N POV

My heart pumped erratically as soon as I'd read the letter. I'd waited for this chance since our fight in the previous tournament. Now that it was here, I was full of mixed emotions. I was glad, don't get me wrong. But anger was present, as well as fear. I knew how our last fight went. I don't know how much of my loss was down to the shock of finally meeting my father for the first time. I guess we'd find out.

The phone call that followed didn't make things better. As soon as my phone rang, anger dominated the other emotions. I picked the phone up and spoke monotonal. "Hello." In response I heard a voice that grated my ears. 

"My my! How lovely to hear from my son again. How have you been?" I snarled to myself and snapped "Cut the crap! Where do you want to meet?" My father laughed, only angering me further before he replied "Ah, right to the point, I know a place. The secret garden! I'll send the coordinates and meet you there."

I didn't bother arguing and couldn't be bothered thinking of an alternative so I simply responded. "Fine. I'll be there, don't be late." This made him say "Excellent! I'll see you then." With that, I hung up, not wanting another word.

Timeskip...

As soon as the conversation had ended, I was back on the road again. I'd heard of the place he spoke of. My father's coordinates were useful enough that I found the location quite easily. A garden full of various bright flowers at the far end was a gate leading down a path however I didn't need to enter it.

There he was, his hands on his hips in a flamboyant manner and a smirk spread across his face as he saw me approach. When I was close enough he spoke up. "Ah, it's been to long my boy. I'm so glad to see you again." I couldn't tell if his tone was sincere or just making fun of me. 

Image of Lee Chaolan:

He continued "You know

He continued "You know. We're not Mishimas by blood. We don't have to fight one another." To this, I instantly retorted. "Actually we do. This is a tournament. Besides, you should have thought of that before you disappeared my whole life."

My father raised his hands "Hey, I didn't know you existed, can't blame me." He slowly got into a combat stance. "Like I said in our last battle. I'd love to catch up for that lost time, but I have more important places to be. I must defeat Kazuya so I can finally claim the Mishima Zaibatsu!"

This caught my attention. "Kazuya's running the Zaibatsu?" Father nodded "Yes, but not for much longer." I stared at him for a moment, thinking about what he'd just said, about what Raven told me only an hour ago.

"No, I don't think that's right." This made my father confused as it was his turn to ask "What do you mean?" I explained "My partner who I came here with was defeated by Kazuya in the last round. From his report, Kazuya is just as clueless as to what happened here until the end. He isn't who's behind this tournament, but he likely knows who is."