Chapter 15: The King of Iron Fist Returns, with an Unknown Sponsor

Y/N POV

Timeskip, one month later...

I almost couldn't believe it when I heard the announcement. A whole month had passed since the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4 when out of no where, ANOTHER was announced! The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5!

This time though there was even more mystery surrounding it. We had no idea who'd orchestrated this one. Heihachi was still presumed dead after that massive explosion at the Mishima estate, and the new sponsor was yet to be revealed. His announcement had been done over a pirated TV broadcast with no picture so we just heard his gruff deep voice. And that's why I was here.

I'll admit, I'd wanted to enter this tournament as soon as it was announced. The last tournament had left me with a handful of personal vendettas to deal with. If a new tournament was announced, I had a hunch Jin would be there. That in itself was something.

But there was also my father, Lee Chaolan. I had a hunch, if the UN's records on him were correct, with Heihachi's passing, he'd attempt to usurp the Mishima Zaibatsu. The voice from the announcement obviously wasn't him so it's also likely he'd enter as well. Making this the perfect chance to make him pay for abandoning my mother!

Personal vendettas aside. It seems the UN had also taken an interest in this sponsor. As such, they'd tasked not only myself by Raven as well with infiltrating the tournament and uncovering the identity of its host. It was safe to assume we'd just have to reach the end like with the last one.

And this brings us to right now. The same city, Tokyo Japan. The same arena, the same sign-up booths. Just as it had been a month ago. This time though it was much more crowded. I saw some familiar faces here from last time. At one booth was Christie, she actually saw me, gave a faint smile and wave before stepping forward and signing herself up. 

Image of Christie Monteiro:

Me and Raven figured it would be best to get in different ques so we'd sign up quicker

Me and Raven figured it would be best to get in different ques so we'd sign up quicker. I wound up behind a large wrestler guy with a bald head. I believe he'd also been at the previous tournament though we'd not talked or matched up for a fight. If I'm not mistaken, his name was Marduk, Craig Marduk, something like that.

Image of Craig Marduk:

The que continued to go down as the fighters each signed up

The que continued to go down as the fighters each signed up. It wasn't long until Marduk signed up. Once he was done, he turned to walk away, giving me a glare in the process letting out a grunt. I don't know what his problem was but I didn't care, it was finally my turn. I approached the booth to see a man this time.

He asked the same questions as last time. Name, I told him Eagle again. Location, I gave the name of the hotel me and Raven were both staying in. A different one to my last stay, the 'Purple Eclipse' and finally, I gave my contact information. It was no different from my sign-up for the last tournament so there was no use going too far into it. It was what happened AFTER I'd signed up that was the stand-out.

As I turned to step back and wait for Raven, someone stepped forward and collided into me. I was able to keep on my feet however who ran into me let out a pained groan. I looked down to see who'd ran into me only to hear a posh voice asking in French. "Hey watch where you're going! Don't you know who I am?"

Looking down, I recognized the figure immediately. I'd never met them in person, but their father's reputation was well known. I stared down at the girl simply saying "Lili Rochefort." She glared up at me and gave a bratty pout before complaining "Perhaps remember that before you run into me." Funny because technically she was the one that ran into me.

Image of Lili Rochefort:

I decided to at least be polite about this

I decided to at least be polite about this. I bent over and held my hand out to her saying "Here." She just stared at it for a moment before slapping my hand away and snapping "I don't need your help. I'm more than capable of doing this myself!"

She got to her feet and brushed her white attire down. She stared up at me, her blue eyes still glaring as she asked in a snobbish tone "And who are you supposed to be? Eagle was it? That's not your real name is it? Tell me, who are you really?"

I instantly responded "That information's classified." Lili just smirked before saying "For now. I always have ways of getting what I want in the end. I trust we'll meet again Eagle." With that she gave her blonde hair a flick and grinned as she walked over to the booth to sign up.

That's when Raven finally came over to me and asked "What the hell was that all about?" I shook my head replying "Nothing. Let's go, we need to be ready for the announcement tonight." Raven just commented "Good thinking." Before we left the arena.

Unaware of the pair of eyes watching from one of the adjacent lines...

Timeskip...

The announcement came later that night. This time though, things were different. There were no words from the sponsor like Heihachi did. Whoever this guy was, he wanted to remain anonymous for now.

Instead there was an announcement welcoming everyone basically a copy-paste of Heihachi's speech only we couldn't see the sponsor, just hear that same low gravelly voice from the tournament's initial announcement. And before long the match-ups were announced.

This time I noticed more fighters so the line-up was bigger. I did however soon notice not only mine, but Raven's match-ups for the first round of the tournament and I didn't quite know what to make of them.

'Raven vs Hwoarang,'

'Eagle vs Steve Fox...'

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, sorry for not uploading this yesterday, I was a bit tired to complete it. One thing to note about this tournament, is that I will be including every fight unlike the last one. We'll get to actually see Y/N vs King. I do hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.