Chapter 21: Lili Defeated?!

Y/N POV

I continued to flee, the pain from the fall had worn off by now but that didn't mean I'd forgotten what had transpired. I knew this wasn't the last I'd seen of Anna Williams, I'd just have to keep my eyes open from now on.

As I ran, I was surprised when the burner phone I'd used for the tournament began to ring. This was strange as this was only meant to ring if my opponents were contacting me. Since the time-frame for the second round wasn't over yet and I didn't have my opponent for the third, this was confusing.

Either way, with caution I answered the phone. Calmly asking "Hello? Who is this?" On the other end, I was instantly met with a loud yet familiar voice calling down it in a dramatic manner. "EAGLE! I'm sure you didn't think you'd seen the last of me?!"

Lili! Of course. I responded to her sternly "How did you get this number. It was set to only be given out to opponents." Lili stated in her usual posh tone "Not even a 'hello' how rude. If you must know, I bribed the tournament officials to give me your number."

This, I couldn't help but smirk at. "Not bad. I'm impressed." I commented before asking "So what did you want? Why go through all that trouble?" There was a pause for a moment as Lili remarked "Wouldn't you like to know."

She went on to explain "You'll be overjoyed to know that I won my first match. Ling Xiaoyu was strong but lacked finesse. Anyway, I've received my latest opponent and I'd like for YOU to come and watch this one."

I raised an eyebrow, even though I knew she couldn't see it as I asked "And who would this be?" The answer I'll admit, did catch my attention. I didn't expect when she replied "Asuka Kazama." Of course I had no idea who this girl was, but the surname 'Kazama'. Perhaps there was a relation to Jin. Either way, while I wasn't interested at first, I was now. I replied "Where are you?" 

Lili replied "I'll have Sebastian send the location to your phone. Try not to be late. Ta ta." With that she hung up leaving me just stood there. Sure enough, true to her word I received a text shortly after, likely from her butler Sebastian. It indicated me to a temple on the outskirts of Tokyo. A bit out of my way, this would take time.

(Just to establish, this is the 'Autumn Temple' stage from Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection.) 

Timeskip...

I will admit, it's times like these where having cars rented for us comes in handy. After I'd figured out where I was going, I went to find the car I'd rented out, I'd left it parked up before my match with King a short distance away.

Once I'd got it I instantly set off, using the address I'd been sent to eventually make my way to the outskirts of Tokyo and find the temple mentioned in Lili's message. It was definitely a nice location, blossom trees surrounded the white structure.

I paid this little mind though and instead made my way inside. Through an entrance archway, I found a decently sized courtyard. I looked around for a moment when I heard an all too familiar voice calling out.

"Yoo-hoo! Eagle!" Turning to the source of the voice, I saw Lili stood at the far end of the courtyard, waving her arms frantically. I sighed to myself and began approaching. As I got closer, it seemed I was the last one here.

Stood next to Lili was a girl about the same age as her. I'm assuming this was Asuka Kazama, I couldn't exactly pinpoint any resemblance to Jin at first glance. I could tell however, she didn't look too pleased.

Image of Asuka Kazama: