Chapter 17: The Heiress Strikes

Y/N POV

"If you're going going to try and stalk me Miss Rochefort, at least be more discreet about it."

I'd turned around to be met with the same girl I'd run into at the sign-up for the tournament. I'd wondered how long it would be before we'd see each other again. She seemed adamant to stick her nose where it didn't belong.

Lili just raised her hands and retorted in mock-defence. "Stalk you? You insult me, I just happened to be coming here to meet my opponent. I wanted my first victory in this tournament to be a particularly spectacular one atop a building. It's by pure coincidence that you're here as well."

I let out a frustrated "Hmm." Noise before folding my arms and saying "Really? And who's the unfortunate victim?" Lili smirked "Wouldn't you like to know? Well, for the first match I was partnered against some kid, some no-name. Ling Xiaoyu."

I just nodded in understanding. Xiaoyu was another name I'd heard in previous tournaments. I stated "Xiaoyu has been in previous tournaments. You sure you're up to that challenge?" Lili raised her hand to her mouth and let out a chuckle.

"You underestimate me 'Eagle'. Stick around and I'll show you first-hand what I can do." There was silence for a moment, Lili's blue eyes pierced my E/C ones. Slowly a grin began to replace her smirk before she started talking again.

"That reminds me. I did promise that I would find out who you really are and what you're doing here. Do you remember that?" I did remember her statement from our last encounter however I kept quiet as she finished. "Are you willing to explain and make this easy for both of us?"

I replied "It's classified." Lili sighed "Very well. My opponent shouldn't be here for a bit yet. I have time to force the information out of you." She entered a dainty and elegant fighting stance before rushing forward.

Once she was close enough, she leapt off the ground and went in for a corkscrew kick, spinning her body around in mid-air as she thrust both feet forward. I managed to raised my arms to block her attack but the force of it was able to push me back a bit.

As she landed on the ground, I lowered my arms and said "I didn't want to fight you. But I can't have you interfering in my operation Miss Rochefort." Lili responded "Just hold still or tell me what I want to know."

She rushed towards me again and tried landing a series of chops and slap-based attacks. I really wasn't feeling up to this fight so I just remained on the defensive, blocking or dodging each blow with little trouble.

Lili didn't let up though, she implemented some kicks into it and even though I was still able to block these attacks with little trouble I did have to give Lili praise, there was power behind her blows.

Eventually though, I saw no point in this little fight so I sought to end it quickly. I landed a chop of my own to Lili's collar area to stun her and another to her stomach to push her back a bit. This worked but then she muttered "So, you want to fight back. SEBASTIAN!"

Suddenly I was grabbed from behind by someone. I couldn't see them at first  however looking over my shoulder I noticed an elderly figure wearing a smart butler's attire. Likely working for Lili's family. I'm not surprised.

Image of Sebastian:

I tried to get out of Sebastian's grip, but he didn't budge

I tried to get out of Sebastian's grip, but he didn't budge. I wasn't trying too hard though because I didn't want to hurt the guy. Especially after he apologised. "I'm sorry sir. I cannot have you disobeying Miss Lili."

Lili just stood in front of me, arms folded. She scowled a bit "I cannot stand interference. But since this isn't an official tournament match, you forced my hand." She stepped closer until she was right in front of me.

She reached out and brushed my cheek with her hand. "I did tell you, I always get what I want. And what I want now, aside from the Mishima Zaibatsu's downfall, is to know who you really are and what you're doing here?"

I asked, starting to get annoyed now "Why are you so obsessed with this?" Lili answered "Two ninjas skulking around at a Mishima sponsored tournament. It is quite fascinating don't you think?" This made my roll my eyes making her ask "What?"

I responded "I told you time and time again, I can't tell you why I'm here. It's classified. But, perhaps you'll find out in time. If the tournament plays its course." Turning to the butler Sebastian behind me, I apologised "Sorry old-timer."

In a swift motion, I elbowed him in the stomach, not hard enough to really hurt but enough for him to groan and let go. As the butler recoiled back Lili leapt forward again. She went in for a kick which I blocked, followed by a chop that I dodged.

Now I was starting to grow frustrated. I didn't want to fight Lili, she wasn't a threat or a tournament opponent. Just someone who was looking for trouble where none existed. It seemed now, I'd have to actually fight back.

I first went with a kick that struck her side and knocked her back. Sebastian exclaimed "Miss Lili, are you alright?!" Lili groaned before getting back to her feet and replying "Stay out of this Sebastian, this is my fight now!" It was kind of confusing, given how she was the one that asked him to get involved in the first place. But I paid it no mind.

Lili went in for a chop however I countered with one of my own. We met in a clash and I took this moment to compliment "You are strong, I'll give you that. But this fight is over. I'm sorry." This was my chance.

In that chance, I rushed forward and landed a powerful strike to her side followed by a blow to her stomach. Lili let out a gasp as her eyes went wide. She remained frozen for a moment before slumping down onto her knees.

For a moment, we just remained silent. I stared down at my opponent before slowly walking over to her. She looked up at me with a glare. However no words were exchanged. I simply extended my hand out towards her.

The Rochefort Heiress just stared at it for a moment. Her mind seemed to be racing for what to say or do in this situation. This took a good few seconds before finally she let out a sigh and took my hand as I helped her back to her feet. I heard her mumble a reluctant "Thank you."

As soon as she was upright. I turned to walk away before hearing Lili behind me saying ""Wait, where are you going?" I stopped in my tracks before turning and giving her a sideways glance. I commented "You've shown me your skill, I'm impressed. Best of luck in the tournament, maybe we'll actually get a proper fight out of this."

I turned once again and finally made my way out of the building. Intent on getting back to my hotel in time for the news of my opponent in the next round...

Lili POV

The ninja just walked away? After that? I was left frozen in place for a moment after what had happened. Sebastian approached and asked "Should I have some of your security search for him Miss Lili?"

I shook my head. "No, there's no point. He'd just overpower them anyway." Sebastian just bowed and said "As you wish Miss Lili. I will go and wait with the limousine for your actual fight to finish. Good luck ma'am." With that he also turned and left the building, I sighed and went over to the lift to reach the roof to wait for this Xiaoyu to arrive. As I went I muttered under my breath.

"What game are you playing 'Eagle'..."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, we finally have Y/N and Lili properly talking so hopefully you liked that. The next chapter should be fun since we'll finally get Y/N vs King shown in the story. The real importance will come in the chapter AFTER that where Y/N will meet another rival who he will fight later in the tournament, another of my favourite characters who I'm really looking forward to introducing. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.