Chapter 37: The Power of the Devil Gene, Jinpachi's Defeat

Y/N POV

Jin continued to roar, I just watched wide-eyed as the attributes of the Devil Gene began emerging across his body. The horns, the wings, the third eye in the centre of his forehead which I could still see. through the strands of hair. 

Once the transformation was complete, Jin hunched over and began taking heavy breaths. Before slowly looking up and giving Jinpachi a fierce glare. His eyes now glowed the same bright yellow I saw in Jinpachi. This was the result of the Devil transformation.

Image of Devil Jin:

Jinpachi however didn't seem amused or impressed

Jinpachi however didn't seem amused or impressed. He just kept his arms folded and glared at the newly-transformed Jin before ridiculing "You fool. You cannot defeat me after giving into the Devil."

Jin raised an eyebrow and responded. Instantly, I noticed a shift in his voice. He sounded even colder than usual when he responded "Give in? You don't understand." He raised his hand, resting it on his forehead before extending both of them in front of him and proclaiming. "I have taken full control of the Devil!"

Jinpachi scoffed and unfolded his arms before reassuming his fighting stance and saying "If that is the case, that power must become a part of me. Prepare to be assimilated!" Jin assumed a stance as well, though it was notably different than his previous one.

Both warriors wasted no charging towards one another in one final effort. Both raised their fists as Jin's sparked red while Jinpachi's sparked dark blue. Their fists collided in an electrical shockwave and their battle properly began.

Jin lunged upwards, his wings flapping as he landed a kick that hit Jinpachi in the face. He groaned and staggered back only to retaliate with a punch that collided with Jin's chest and knocked him to the ground. 

As soon as he hit the ground he performed a sweep that hit Jinpachi's leg making him stagger. Both warriors got to their feet and rushed right back in. The level of ferocity the two were showing was unlike anything I'd seen before.

(Keep in mind in this book Y/N is on par with regular Jin NOT Devil Jin.)

Jin flew up and I was surprised when a red beam shot from his forehead. I'd heard about  Kazuya doing the same decades ago in the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2 when in his own Devil form. I didn't know whether those reports were true, but now, I had my answer.

Jinpachi sidestepped, causing the beam to cut a line into the stone as it arched upwards into the sky. Once he was out of the way, he snapped "Impressive trick, soon it shall belong to me!" Jin landed back on the ground and retorted "I don't think so."

The two began to fight once more. And for the first time, it seemed Jinpachi had met his match. He did get a few hits in here and there, as did Jin. The big turning point was that Jin was far more agile in this case.

They clashed a second time before splitting apart. They stared at one another before Jin began "You talked of taking my new power for yourself. And yet, maybe you should-..." He trailed off, raising his hand out in front of him as he finished "Give yours to me."