Chapter 26: Anna Williams Strikes Again!

Y/N POV

"Surprised you'd be seeing me again so soon?"

Anna smirked at me as she stood on the balcony, arms folded. Through my earpiece I heard Raven asking "Eagle report! What was that?!" In all honesty, I didn't want him getting involved. Especially after what had just happened. So I just explained. "Nothing I can't handle alone. Just focus on your new mission. I'll let you know when it's resolved." Raven said "Right, good luck."

As soon as he signed off, I turned to glare at Anna and asked "How the hell did you get here?! Did you follow me?!" Anna's smirk just grew as she said "Oh, I've had my eye on you for a bit now 'Eagle' I saw your fight against that Yoshimitsu creep. I must say impressive."

I snapped "And what do you want?! Why are you stalking me? We straightened up the misunderstanding in our last encounter." Anna stepped closer before turning and entering my hotel room properly.

She explained "Yes, I know. But there is still some business left to resolve." I instantly braced at this, anticipating an ambush. Anna however simply went over to the room's minibar and opened up. She rummaged. I asked "What are you doing?" She ignored me at first and said "Ah, here we go." She stepped back revealing a bottle of wine.

"Drink?" She asked. I instantly replied "No, now either leave or tell me why you're here. I'm growing annoyed." Anna placed the bottle back in the bar and said "Fine, if you want to go right to the point, I won't argue."

I just gestured for her to continue which finally caused her to talk. "I don't know if I congratulated you on your victory over my sister." I instantly interjected "She forfeited that match. Likely because she knew who my father was. A cruel effort, but I don't know if I'd have won if she hadn't."

Anna let out a "Hmm." Before asking "Yeah, cruel if there's one thing to describe that sister of mine, it's that. And that's putting it lightly." I raised an eyebrow "I know your reputation ma'am and you're not much better."

That made Anna laugh "You read up on me, I'm flattered. But you see, the difference between us, is that I know when to be reasonable and when to pull my punches. Otherwise, you'd have been dead in our last encounter."

I frowned and asked "So, you came to finish the job now?" Anna just muttered "Maybe." She abruptly thrust her hand forward however I was prepared and managed to catch it. She tried kicking however I blocked. I expected a fight, however instead she just started laughing again.

I was left confused as she said "Your reflexes are good. Not bad." I let go and she stepped back. There was a moment of silence as she said "Relax, I was just testing your reaction. My desire to settle the score with you is on hold."

"Why is that?" I asked. Anna smirked once again, this time far bigger than before before reaching into the pocket of her red dress. "My fortunes have taken a turn for the better. I managed to win every match I had up to now. And now..."

She held up a piece of paper and handed it to me. Opening it up, it seemed to be her letter for the last round. Mine must not have come through, I skipped the congratulations crap and went right to the end where I instantly understood what I mean.

'Nina Williams'

That was written across the bottom. I handed the letter to Anna as she explained "This is my chance. If this works, then you're off the hook. If not, we will be seeing one another again very soon." 

"Is that what you wanted to tell me?" I asked causing her to nod. I took this moment to add on. "Tell me, you knew my father didn't you?" Anna replied "Indeed, I know him quite well. You're less irritating than him. I'll say that much."

She turned and walked away, heading towards the balcony. I narrowed my eyes  in confusion. She turned back to me and said "See you around. Or not." Before I could question her further, she leapt off the balcony.

I stepped over and had a look at what lay beneath. I caught wind of Anna on top of a passing truck. She must have timed her jump perfectly. She gave one last smirk as she disappeared from sight.

(If it seems I made Anna a bit too nice. It's only because she has a respect for Y/N beating Nina, and because she's a future love interest. We'll get to see a bit more of her ruthless side in the Tekken 6 segment as well as developing the relationship further.)

And it was perfectly on cue that she'd left that I received a knock on the hotel door. I went to answer to see one of the staff members holding a familiar envelope. "This arrived from a Mishima Zaibatsu representative."

I nodded saying "Thank you." Before taking the letter and closing the door. Opening it, I skimmed past the congratulations and reached the name at the bottom. And it seems Anna wasn't the only one getting a tense battle. Genuine fear rushed through me, not because of strength, but because of what happened last time I fought this person. Only now they used their real name.

'Lee Chaolan'.

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. In the next one we get the Y/N vs Lee rematch, this time though Y/N isn't distracted by finding out Lee is his dad so that should be fun. I really hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.