Chapter 3: The Brawl on the Beach

Y/N POV

The following morning was certainly hectic. I now understood why the woman as the sign-up booth had asked for contact information. I was awoken the next morning to the hotel receptionist knocking on my door.

When I opened it she'd explained "A representative from the Mishima Zaibatsu showed up this morning, he wanted me to give you this." She handed me a letter sure enough, with a seal of the Zaibatsu's logo.

Once the receptionist had gone, I opened the envelope up to find a piece of paper. It had a little text, nothing too important. Just the following written at the bottom. The contact info for Christie Monteiro my future opponent.

'0440157220'

I assumed that was her phone number and I was soon proven right when about an hour later, my phone began ringing on the other end was the voice of whom I assume was Christie herself. We talked for a moment before finally we came up with the location of our fight. A beach located not too far away from the city so it was ideal for both of us.

(Apparently the beach stage in Tekken 4 was located in Portugal however in the context of this book, the stages all are in Japan otherwise Y/N would be flying all over the place.)

Which of course leads us to now. Using my budget, I was able to rent a car out and made my way to the beach we'd arranged to meet at. Instantly upon my arrival, I knew I'd come to the right place.

Loud party music could be heard blaring out of speakers. A large group of people were all gathered around as I stopped my car and approached the crowd. Some of them turned around and gasped upon seeing me.

They parted allowing me to walk through them until I reached the centre of the crowd and finally came face to face with my first opponent of the tournament. In the centre of the group, dancing dramatically in time with the music was who I assume to be Christie Monteiro.

Image of Christie Monteiro:

Upon noticing the crowd was no longer cheering but rather had turned their attention to me, she stopped her dance and also looked in my direction as I folded my arms

Upon noticing the crowd was no longer cheering but rather had turned their attention to me, she stopped her dance and also looked in my direction as I folded my arms. She didn't seem angry that her dance was interrupted, in fact, she smiled.

Getting to her feet, she stepped over to me and said "So, you must be Eagle. I'm Christie, looks like we're opponents." She held her hand out to me which I took, she said "So, tell me a bit about yourself. What brings you here?"

I shook my head but still responded calmly "I'm sorry, that information's classified." Christie grinned "Oh, Mr Secret Agent Ninja it is. No worries, no sense beating around the bush then. Let's make this fight as fun as possible."

This time I nodded "Very well." We stepped back from one another and prepared for battle. The crowd spread out as we each got into combat stances. I merged the stance used by my father with that of the ninja stance taught to me over the years. Christie however took an interesting one.

She began hopping from foot to foot swinging her arms in front of her. She confidently stated "Okay 'Eagle' try to keep up." I just narrowed my eyes, not in anger but in concentration. I knew even if she didn't seem like much, I couldn't underestimate this girl.

(Now this is where I will drop a hint as to who Y/N's father is. See if you notice anything.)

Just like that, the fight began. It started with us both dashing forward towards one another. Christie did a series of dramatic spins before thrusting her foot out. I raised my own into a kick and managed to block the attack.

We broke away from one another, I wasted no time leaping up into the air and once again, going in for a kick. This time Christie managed to dodge the attack by flipping backwards causing my foot to impact the ground. 

She tried to follow up by performing another spin-kick but I was quick to block that and performed a palm-thrust to her stomach that knocked her down. She fell onto her back before performing a flip to land back on her feet.

I smirked "Impressive. You're quite acrobatic." Christie smiled in response "Thanks, you're pretty quick yourself." I commented "Oh you haven't seen half of it." Now I finally began to demonstrate the speed of a ninja.

In an instant I moved forward and rapidly performed a chop motion which struck Christie in the face before she could guard. I then followed up with a rapid flurry of kicks in quick succession that made her stagger a bit. 

She recovered and as I went in for another punch, she actually performed a roll, ducking under my attack and countered by kicking me in the stomach. I let out a gasp at the sudden sneak attack.

It took me a moment before I could finally regain my composure after that but as soon as I did, I thrust my knee forward, striking Christie in her shoulder and making her topple onto her back. I stood over her for a moment.

The fight wasn't over just yet. She got back up and once again attempted to go for a kick. When I blocked that, she performed another roll followed by a kick. This time I was ready, I dodged and quickly appeared behind her. This was my chance.

I performed another chop attack followed by a kick that knocked her to the ground once more. I was very careful not to knock her out completely. She slowly got up to her hands and knees and turned to me.

"That was, wow. You're strong." I looked down at her with a calm expression before holding my hand out for her to take as she got to her feet. "I'm beat, I give up." We were silent for a moment as she said "I hoped I'd last longer than this. But you're tough."

I commented "You actually did really well. You're the first to actually land a hit on me like that." That was true to an extent. Most of the opponents I'd fought were just generic soldiers with no martial arts experience. Christie was my first actual trained opponent outside of training and that tiny skirmish with Jin.

A look of confidence spread across Christie's face. "Next time we fight though, I won't lose." I grinned and replied "I look forward to it." With that, we shook hands...

Timeskip...

A few hours after the fight, I was sat in my hotel room again when a knock could be heard on the door. I went over to it to see once again, the receptionist of the hotel stood at the door. She held out an envelope once again with a Mishima Zaibatsu seal.

I thanked her for the letter as she left I opened it. I will admit I was impressed with how quick the Zaibatsu caught word of things. It had only been a few hours. But sure enough, the note read.

'Dear participant.

Congratulations on your victory over your opponent and your progression onto the next round. Said round will began this afternoon below are the name and contact details of your next opponent.'

I got to the bottom and when I saw my opponent I will admit, I was somewhat scared. Unlike before, I actually recognized the name of this person. A famous assassin and mercenary. This fight would certainly be harder than the last one. 

'Nina Williams' was plastered along the bottom...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. Now I'm not going to be able to upload this weekend since I'm away. I'm sorry for all the really inconsistent uploads I really hope you're enjoying the story and as always, thank you for reading.