Chapter 4: The Duel with the Assassin

Y/N POV

Nina Williams.

A woman I'd heard of by name only. Even then, I knew this wasn't someone to take lightly given her track record. A notorious assassin and mercenary who'd been active long before I was born. She was one of the participants in the first two King of Iron Fist tournaments.

It was unknown what had happened to her after that. All that was known is that she emerged once again for the third tournament and this one followed suit. And it seems she'd be my SECOND opponent, definitely more of a challenge than Christie was.

She must have got my contact information and location though because shortly after I received a place. Not even a phone call, but rather a simple slip of paper with instructions written in a firm tone.

'Meet on the roof of the skyscraper with the glass ceiling overlooking the stadium.'

That was it. I growled a bit before muttering "Very blunt. But if this is all I'm going to get, I guess this won't be as social as Christie's match." I knew the building she spoke of so I knew exactly where to go. 

With my rented car, I headed to the exact skyscraper mentioned in the slip. I had a feeling she'd recommend a dramatic place like this. For a moment I thought I'd have to jump my way up. However thankfully this wasn't the case. Inside was a lift which I was able to conveniently take all the way up there.

Upon reaching the top, seems I was the first one there. I spotted a few cameras with the Mishima insignia on it, likely to film the match. Other than that there was no one. Not even camera operators. The cameras were probably remotely operated.

I went over to the edge of the buildings, railings were in place to ensure combatants didn't fall off. And I just folded my arms, shut my eyes and waited for my opponent to arrive.

(Just so you know, this is the 'building' stage from Tekken 4. I'm trying to make each arena based off actual stages in the games for 4 and 5 which both centre around their respective tournaments.)

And arrive she did. Only a few minutes of waiting before I heard a cold almost emotionless voice behind me saying "So, you are capable of reading instructions I see. Very good." Turning around I was met with Nina herself.

Image of Nina Williams:

She looked just as I'd expected her to

She looked just as I'd expected her to. Blonde hair tied in a pony tail. Piercing eyes that seemed to stare right through you, a blank vacant look and notably an attire that was far more combat appropriate than my last opponent.

I analysed her for a moment before clarifying "Nina Williams I presume. Your reputation proceeds you." Nina's eyes narrowed and she instantly spoke, not angrily but definitely rudely. "Look 'Eagle' I don't know who you are and frankly, I don't care. I have a mission to complete so let's get this over with, you lose so I can continue with my work."

This time it was my turn to narrow my eyes. I already disliked this bitch, her tone held a level of arrogance which I couldn't stand. Even so, I smirked saying "Funny, I have my own mission, one I intend to see to its end. I guess we'll see if you're as tough as they say Ms Williams."