Chapter 22: Another Kazama?

Y/N POV

It seems fate is a strange concept.

When I returned back to the hotel, Raven asked where I was. I told him what had happened in the order it happened starting from when we split up to finally, the battle between Lili and Asuka. He didn't care for that part, however he did seem concerned with Armor King and Anna Williams, both of which he simply said "They could be trouble, we have to ensure they don't impede in our mission." A statement which I agreed with.

Anyway, after that exchange, we just rested and went to bed for the night and the following morning we each received envelopes revealing who our next opponents for the tournament would be and guess who mine turned out to be.

Asuka Kazama!

I just grinned at the envelope. If this girl was related to Jin in any way, she could perhaps be an interesting opponent to say the least. I'd only seen her fight Lili so I didn't get an accurate enough measurement of her skill.

Raven got a guy named Paul Phoenix, another big name from previous tournaments. He'd kind of lost his relevance now over the years. I had no doubt Raven could make short work of him now. Either way, I said "Best of luck." He nodded saying "Same to you." And it was with that that we parted ways.

I got in contact with Asuka this time, ringing her on the burner phone. When she answered I spoke "Hello Miss Kazama. It's me, from yesterday. Eagle?" Asuka paused for a moment before it must have clicked for her. "Oh yeah, that 'Eagle' guy. Yeah okay, thought you were just some strange person for a moment and was about that ask how you got my number. Seems we're opponents huh?"

I replied "Yeah, looks that way." Following this exchange, we made our arrangements for a meeting spot. It was quite an interesting place, a distance from the city named the 'Dragon's Nest'. 

With the rented car, I was able to reach this location with next to no trouble. Again I seemed to be the first one here so it was a matter of waiting until I heard running footsteps. Turning around I saw my opponent, hunched over and trying to catch her breath.

Raising an eyebrow I asked "Are you okay?" Asuka continued panting and gave a thumbs up before replying "Yeah, I tried cycling my way here but it was taking too long so I had to hire a taxi the rest of the way. I just nodded saying "I see."

We stood opposite one another, as we got into stances Asuka said "Okay ninja guy, let's see what you're made of." I said nothing, instead just nodding slowly and waiting for the first move. Which only took a few seconds.

Asuka ran forward and raised her fist. As she thrust it forward for a punch, I had no trouble using my speed to race around her to arrive behind. As her attack hit thin-air, I went for one of my own. A kick that hit her right in her back and made her fall face-down.

(Before someone inevitably comments about how OP Y/N's ability to move really fast is. Raven can do the same thing in the games and it's actually quite easy to counter. In this book since I'm judging characters on how strong they'd be lore-wise, not everyone can counter this.)

She began to get up to her feet and turned back to me with wide eyes. "Whoa, what was that?! One minute you were here and the next you were..." She trailed off, pointing between where I'd been stood before and where I stood now.

I just replied "Hit me, if you can." Asuka glared at me "Don't make fun of me! You want me to hit you? Fine, you asked for this." Again, she took a step forward and went in for another punch. This time I raised my hand and caught it.

She swung her other arm for a left-hook but I caught that as well. I held her in place for a moment as she growled in frustration. I commented "You're skilled I'll give you that. But you're hot-headed as well. You need to control that temper."

To this, Asuka just gave me a smug grin and said "I'll take it under advisement. Right now though, maybe I should control THIS!" In a movement that caught me completely off guard, she thrust her knee forward, impacting my stomach!

My eyes widened as I gagged a bit, doubling over and letting go of her arms. As I held onto my stomach for a moment. I couldn't help but chuckle. This caught Asuka's attention as she asked "What's so funny?!"

I continued laughing for a moment before finally saying "I expect nothing more from a Kazama, nice shot there." I calmed down as Asuka said "Well there's more where that came from!" I took this moment to ask.

"On the topic of the Kazama family. I must know, are you by any chance related to Jin Kazama?" Asuka's glare seemed to fade a bit which gave me an answer, however she still explained. "Yes, but I wasn't told HOW exactly. I only know it's through his mother's side Jun Kazama."

This made me ask "And did you know he is likely at this tournament?" Asuka's eyes widened "Wait really?" I nodded once more. Asuka stamped her foot and said "Damn it, even more problems to worry about!"

I took that moment to say "Bold of you to assume you'll make it past this round. Not that this hasn't been fun but I need to reach the end of this tournament. There is potentially more at stake here than you know. I'm sorry but this ends here."

Asuka snapped "Like hell!" She charged forward and tried to kick. I blocked it. There were two punches in quick succession. Also blocked. She attempted another knee but that wasn't going to work a second time. I caught it.

From there I went in with a kick of my own. Asuka blocked but I quickly retreated my foot and went in for another, this one struck her in the side. She stumbled a bit but quickly went in for an uppercut that did catch me on the chin.

I lurched up but recovered quickly and punched her in the stomach just as she kneed me earlier. I ducked down and swept her leg and this was all it took for her to drop down onto one knee, using her hand to support herself.

Asuka remained like that, catching her breath again as she said "You're something else. But I can't lose. I won't lose! Not until I defeat him!" This caught my attention. As I stood over the Kazama girl, I asked "Who's him?"

She growled a bit before explaining. "Feng Wei, a Chinese martial artist. He's ruthless, vile, cruel. He attacked and crippled my father not long ago and I entered this tournament to find him and get my revenge."

I just folded my arms saying "I see. I'm sorry to hear that. But like I said, there is more going on here than your grudge. If I see this Feng Wei though, I will let you know. I must be going I had enough distractions after my last tournament match, I can't afford to keep getting side-tracked."

I turned and began walking away, leaving a confused Asuka stood on the stone platform of the 'Dragon's Nest'. I walked down to where my car was parked and once again drove back to the hotel.

Timeskip...

"A representative from the Mishima Zaibatsu dropped these letters off for you both." The hotel receptionist handed me and Raven each envelopes with the Zaibatsu seal on it. Of course we knew what these were. Just as I thought, Raven made quick work of Paul Phoenix so he'd also advanced to the next round. 

We each opened our envelopes and looking at mine I was honestly surprised by the result so soon. I hadn't expected this name to come up so soon if at all. But at the same time, I was also intrigued.

'Armor King...'

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. Next is the Y/N vs Armor King official battle I promised so hopefully you'll like that. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always thank you for reading.