Chapter 8: The Mysterious Violet! The Long-Awaited Meeting

Y/N POV

"So, it's you then? I was wondering when I'd get to fight you." My opponent asked with a smirk.

It didn't take long for me to get contacted by my opponent 'Violet' as he called himself. We arranged to meet at a place known as Shinjuku. An area of the city which had been isolated for the tournament's use. Like I said, it seemed the Zaibatsu had completely gained control for this event. Anyway, we agreed on the meeting spot, headed there and now we stood opposite one another.

Violet was actually the guy who'd been stood behind me in the queue to register for the tournament. He wore a bright purple shirt that matched his dyed hair and wore purple sunglasses. He didn't look that special, but he must have been tough to get this far.

Image of Violet:

And yet, there was something about him

And yet, there was something about him. He gave off an uncomfortable vibe. I was usually good at remaining calm under pressure, even against the likes of Jin. But this guy, my mind was unfocused. There was something behind those sunglasses which seemed, almost familiar...

Violet folded his arms and continued "Not much for words are you? No worries, we both know why we're here." He got into a combat stance. I slowly nodded, "Yes, sorry. Just zoned out a little." Violet shook his head. "It's alright, as long as you're focussed now."

I nodded, getting into my own stance "Yeah, I'm ready now." Violet exclaimed "Ah, excellent!" We remained still for a moment. I was evaluating the best plan of attack, trying desperately to shake the uneasy feeling. Even then, I had trouble. Violet stared at me as if he was analysing me.

Violet POV

I stared at the ninja before me. From the very beginning when I'd signed up for this tournament, he'd caught my attention. Yet now, I noticed something. In his face, his eyes. There were traces of something. Someone. Familiarity of... Her...

No, that wouldn't be possible! Wait, no, it's totally possible. I wouldn't be surprised if she just moved on. It had been about 21 years ago now. But I had no doubt, I'd find out the truth in this battle. I'd make sure of it.

Y/N POV

Now it was Violet's turn to be still. He appeared to be in deep thought. I didn't want to attack unfairly so I waited for him to regain his focus. He braced himself and simply stated "Ready." I nodded.

In that moment we both raced ran towards one another. And what happened next I think came as a surprise. Now of course kicks are common. As are shared fighting styles. But in that moment, we both raised our legs in the exact same way, only to collide with an IDENTICAL kicking attack.

We remained still for a moment, I'm certain we were both in shock at this. Neither of us moved. Violet mumbled under his breath "Oh, that is interesting. Maybe this..." He trailed off before stepping back and going in for yet another kick.