Chapter 30: The Disappearance and Return of Jinpachi Mishima

Flashback...

Wang POV

"Ah Jinpachi my old friend, I'm so pleased you were able to make it." I spoke in a joyous tone as I respectfully bowed to greet my friend. Jinpachi just smiled down at me before responding with a bow of his own, saying "Likewise Jinrei."

I couldn't help but smile myself as I said "Come, I've got some new rice wines I think you'll very much enjoy sampling." I gestured down the corridor of my home and began walking, Jinpachi followed close behind.

As we both walked, I turned to him and asked "So, what's going on with you? How is that grandson of yours doing? Kazuya isn't it?" Jinpachi replied "Kazuya is doing well, Heihachi has already begun training him and he's coming along nicely. When he grows up I can tell he'll be a force to be reckoned with..."

He seemed to trail off for a moment which caused me to raise an eyebrow and ask "Are you alright?" He seemed uncomfortable about something however as soon as I'd asked that, he shook his head and replied "No, no. It's nothing."

We reached the dining area and I gestured to the low table and said "Please, sit. I'll see if I can find that wine." Jinpachi just nodded and knelt down on one end of the table. I instantly went over to the kitchen and began inspecting the different wines until I found what I wanted. 

"Hmm, 'Magician's Red Spice' a strange concoction but I suppose it'd be worth a try. Picking the bottle up I returned to the table and knelt down opposite Jinpachi. I began pouring the wine into the two small cups. As I did this Jinpachi said "Thank you my friend."

Once the drink had been poured, I placed the bottle aside. It was at this point I once again noticed Jinpachi seemed slightly troubled. This time though, he did speak up. "There is, one little thing that's been weighing on my mind as of late."

I took a sip of the wine, the taste was sweet yet definitely sharp. I knew where the 'spice' in the name came from. Looking back up at Jinpachi though I asked "Really? What's wrong?" This time it was Jinpachi's turn to take a sip of the wine before commenting "Hmm, this is nice, most satisfying. Where did you get this stuff?"

I grinned "I knew you'd like it. A vendor in the streets of the nearby village was advertising it. Thought I'd buy some for us to sample together." I then pushed the topic along "You said there was something weighing down on your mind?"

This caused Jinpachi to say "Ah, right yes. I digressed. There has been something. Heihachi seems rather 'off' as of late. Kazumi collapsed seemingly out of no where, she had a fever but she managed to recover."

I just nodded, ushering him to continue. He kept going "Since that incident Heihachi has become easily angered. Kazumi has seemed to off, like she's still sick yet seems fine. I worry for Kazuya's health. There's a foulness in the air, one I can't find the source of."

I thought for a moment, Heihachi always was a gruff man. But never flat-out cruel. If Jinpachi was beginning to sense a shift in his personality. I could understand his concerns. Taking another sip of the wine. I finally decided to speak.

"Your concern makes sense. But Heihachi is your son and he does care for his wife and son, talk to him. Tell him you worry. I'm sure he'll come around." Jinpachi laughed "Of course! I never should have doubted you my friend..."

Return back to present...

Y/N POV

"That was the last time I saw my old friend. Some time later I received new that he had passed away. This was about the same time Heihachi took control of the Mishima Zaibatsu." I listened as Wang told the story of his friendship with Jinpachi. Once he'd finished I asked "What changed?"

Wang's expression suddenly turned to one that could have been fear, confusion. "A few days ago, when this tournament was announced, I received a letter. 'I need your help. Come see me Jinrei.' That was all it said.

I nodded before asking "So do you know if Jinpachi is behind this tournament?" Wang shook his head "No, I'm sorry. It's purely speculation. But it does add-up don't you think?" I just folded my arms, saying "Yes. I get what you mean."

Wang gave me a determined look "And THAT is why I must defeat you. My friend needs my help and I must help him." He re-entered his fighting stance however I could tell he was fatigued from our battle. 

I didn't enter my own stance and instead I approached the man and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Look old timer, you can barely stand. You are likely more skilled than me, no-doubt about that. But if your friend is here, you'll need to reach the end of the tournament and for that you'd need durability."

Wang just stared at me as I continued "I promise, I'll find your friend and Mishima or not, I'll try to help him as best I can." This only made Wang keep staring at me before asking "Do you think you're up for the challenge?" 

I shrugged "That remains to be seen. You'll just have to trust me." Wang sighed before nodding and saying "Very well, but I'll be watching. If I need to make a move, I will." I held my hand out to shake and we shook on an agreement.

With that, I turned on my heel and walked away saying "Goodbye Mr Jinrei." As I was walking I reached to my earpiece and turned it on. An operator could be heard stating "Report." I instructed "I may have a lead, patch me through to Raven."

The operator said "Right away. Patching through now." There was silence for a second before I heard Raven saying "Raven reporting." I instantly explained "I have a lead on the sponsor. The name Jinpachi Mishima."

This caught Raven's attention "Mishima?! How is that possible?!" I replied "He's Heihachi's father, Kazuya's grandfather. I found out from Wang Jinrei, a friend of-." I was cut off when I heard Raven yell "Damn it!"

He quickly said "I need to go, something's come up. I'll contact you when I can." With that he signed off abruptly. My eyes widened a bit. What the hell happened? Whatever it was, it must have been dangerous.

For now though, I needed to focus on my own objective, one more fight to the final battle...

Raven POV

As soon as I signed off, I turned to the source of the footsteps. Upon turning to their source, I was left shocked as a figure approached and asked "So, you're one of the ninja's who's been sneaking around this tournament?"

I glared and responded "How are you alive?! You're supposed to be dead!"

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. We're definitely getting close to the end now, Y/N had three more battles in this segment, one of which will be against Jinpachi. I really hope you liked the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.