Chapter 33: Face-to-Face with Kazuya Mishima

Y/N POV

My blood ran cold, there he stood in person. Kazuya Mishima! The same fighter who'd defeated my father in the previous tournament as well as Raven in this one. And judging by the smirk spread across his face, it was clear his intentions weren't peaceful.

"You..." Was all I managed to say at first. Kazuya just let out a "Hmph." Noise before saying "So you're the ninja who's been snooping around these last two tournaments, the one known as Eagle."

I finally found the words to ask "What do you want?" Kazuya went on to explain "The tournament is nearing its end, there are actually only three of us left. You and me are two of the last competitors. I believe we narrow that down."

This brought up a question of its own. "Who's the third?" This made Kazuya narrow his eyes in clear anger. "The third would be my son, Jin Kazama, he already seems to be nearing the end. Getting through you will leave me an opening at him and..." He trailed off for a moment before picking up the conversation again.

"Your friend told me something interesting about your little investigation, I want confirmation though. Is the sponsor of this tournament Jinpachi Mishima?" So, Raven must have let slip what we'd found out, I muttered "Damn." Under my breath before replying to Kazuya's question. "We don't know, it's all purely speculation." 

To that Kazuya laughed darkly before entering the Mishima style stance. "Well then, I'll get rid of you and find out for myself then." There was no way around this now. I'll be honest, I did feel scared to be finally be battling a Mishima, true, I fought Jin in the last tournament, but that fight was interrupted. Despite how I felt internally, I still entered a fighting stance and prepared for what was sure to be my hardest battle.

The suspense only built up when neither of us made a move at first, we just waited, seemingly sizing each other up. After a few seconds of this though, Kazuya broke the silence saying "If you're not going to make the first move. Then allow me."

I braced as he stepped forward and went in for a punch. Before it could land though, I raised my leg and countered his attack with a kick. He arm and my leg crossed one another, I noticed the typical Mishima electricity generate a bit as Kazuya spoke.

"So, the rumours were true. Lee does have a son. I'd recognize a feeble kick like that anywhere." As he said that, I raised an eyebrow. "You'll soon find it is the destiny of the Mishima family to fight. Blood-related or not. Your father learned this."

We parted from our clash. I instantly tried to land another kick however before it connected, Kazuya firmly grabbed my by the shoulder and headbutted me, making me stagger back. I recovered and instantly countered with a knee.

This also proved to be a mistake as Kazuya caught my knee and landed a punch that collided with my cheek. This time I was unable to keep my balance and fell onto my back. Kazuya stood over me before going into a lecture. 

"Fool, you can't defeat me. I've already fought your father many times and I already defeated that Raven friend of yours. Any move you can throw is one I've seen before." Funny thing is, as he was monologuing he left himself open and I took the chance.

Quickly, I sprung up and elbowed Kazuya in the face. He let out a grunt however I didn't stop there. While I had the opportunity, I went with a palm thrust that hit him in the chest before using my speed to get behind him. I landed a kick to the centre of his back which made him arch a bit. Unlike previous opponents though, he didn't drop down onto his knees.

Instead, he instantly was able to retaliate, swinging his arm around and barely giving me enough time to block. He followed up with several punches in quick succession, I did my best to block each one however even then, some of them managed to break through.

One managed to hit me in the stomach however instead of doubling over, I landed a punch to hit Kazuya in the cheek, actually managing to catch him off guard. I used my speed to jump and hit him in the face with a kick.

This time he did fall to the ground, I kept my foot firmly on him so that he skidded across the surface beneath us. I raised my hand and landed two punches in quick succession. I was about to land a third however that's when Kazuya caught my fist.

He glared at me, his red eye glinted maliciously as a snarl erupted from him. I suddenly felt a knee hit me in my back. Followed by another shortly after, and another. I rolled off him and narrowly avoided a punch.

I tried kicking however my leg got caught and I was met with an elbow to my chest. I was just about able to get back to my feet after that, with Kazuya doing the same. Just like in the beginning of our battle, we just stared at one another for a moment before we each stepped forward.

I tried going in for a chop however Kazuya ducked. I knew the move he was going to try, having seen in several times before. As his body spun across the ground, electricity built up. Even though I knew it was coming, I barely managed to dodge as he lunged up in an uppercut.

As soon as I dodged, I countered by elbowing his ribs, this was enough to make him recoil but still land on his feet. I was lucky to land that blow, because unbeknownst to me, it was the last one I'd be landing in this fight.

I stepped forward and tried to go in for a roundhouse kick however Kazuya smirked and ducked under it. I heard him comment "I've figured out your attack patterns. This ends here." I was met with a quick counter-punch to my cheek followed by another hitting my side.

Before I could recover, Kazuya stepped forward and instantly went in for a Wind God Fist followed by his own roundhouse kick. I staggered back and tried and downward chop attack. Kazuya stepped back to avoid it before putting one leg in front and thrusting his right fist into my stomach causing a stagger.

And that's when he lunged off the ground, his foot extended in front of him before colliding right with my torso. The sheer force of his entire body weight was enough to knock me to the ground. My back collided with the surface beneath.

There I just lay, I slowly began to get back up however the next thing I knew I felt Kazuya's foot plant firmly on my chest. I let out a gasp and tried to push it off however he didn't move. Instead he just stared down at me.

"I could kill you now. Do what I failed to do to your father numerous times now. But I have one question for you first." He paused for a moment, I just stared at him, as he asked "Where is Jinpachi?"

My eyes widened, of course, Jinpachi was Kazuya's grandfather. He probably wanted to wipe him out as well. I wasn't about to let things slip "I don't know, that's what I was doing when you showed up, looking."

Kazuya's glare intensified, his red eye glinted even brighter. "You lie." He raised his fist up and I prepared to defend should I try anything. However he didn't move instead he just closed his eyes and smirked.

Too my surprise, he just turned on his heel and began to walk away. I sat upright and asked "Wha-what are you doing?" Kazuya stopped, he didn't even look at me as he said "Whether you tell me where my grandfather is or not, it doesn't matter, I'll find him on my own. There's no satisfaction in killing you now. Like your father, I could have killed him numerous times. Get stronger, we shall fight again in the future."

And just like that, he was gone. I knew what this meant though, I'd tripped on the final hurdle and been knocked out of the tournament. Had this happened earlier, I'd have been distraught. But now, it didn't really matter. I had Jinpachi's location on the radar, as did Raven.

The end was near...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, the next fight will be Y/N against Jinpachi, this may be a tag-team effort with Y/N and Raven working together, but I'm not certain on that just yet. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.