Chapter 24: The Return of Yoshimitsu

Y/N POV

The tournament was progressing at a decent rate. Me and Raven seemed to have won match after match, the end was drawing nearer with each fight. My only concern was that we seemed to only be being given weaker opponents. 

The only proper challenge I had after starting this tournament was Armor King. Steve, King, Asuka, they went down easily. Aside from Armor King, my only tough fights had been OUTSIDE of the matches. Again, my first skirmish with Armor King as well as my run-in with Anna. This was a concern because it meant I had no idea where the likes of Jin or Lee were in this tournament, maybe they'd been eliminated before I could even encounter them and I just didn't know.

Either way me and Raven rendezvoused after the match and it seemed he'd won as well, defeating a bear by the name of Kuma. Sounded quite funny actually. Both of us received our letters giving the usual shallow congratulations along with the names of our opponents.

When I saw mine, I was immediately interested. YOSHIMITSU! The mysterious ninja who'd ambushed me in the previous tournament. Our last fight wasn't an official match so this would be a good change of pace.

I turned to Raven however my eyebrows raised when I noticed instantly he seemed to be sweating. He just stared at the paper in silence. I asked "Hey, you alright?" This instantly snapped him from whatever stupor he was in.

He looked up and tried to compose himself "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, just focussed on reading." I could tell something was up "You sure?" He confirmed "Yeah, don't worry about it." He seemed to change the subject "Your opponent may contact you soon, you should go."

This confirmed things. However I didn't push it further. With a sigh, I commented "Okay, best of luck in your match." I gave him a salute which he responded. I walked out of our hotel room and closed the door behind me.

Raven POV

As soon as the door closed my eyes shot back to the letter in my hand. I should have prepared for something like this happening. I let out a gasp. It wasn't surprise. But for the first time since the tournament began, I felt fear. The name at the bottom of the page, my next opponent.

'Kazuya Mishima!'

Y/N POV

I was concerned for Raven, we'd been colleagues for years and I'd never seen him look so uncomfortable before. I didn't know who his opponent was, maybe that shook him. He acted like he didn't want me to know.

Either way, I soon pushed what had occurred to the back of my mind. Yoshimitsu was in touch via phone surprisingly. Upon answering I heard that distorted yet shrill voice booming in my ear. "Eagle! It has been too long! Our chance to settle our affairs formally has arrived. There is a waterfall outside Tokyo, beautiful sight to behold. Meet me there."

I had no idea what waterfall he was talking about however upon asking around, I got information that could help me in my search. And it was with my car I headed to the site directed to me.

The waterfall was tucked in a cave, away from normal viewing. The cave was short but dark and it eventually lead me out into an opening, and I must admit. The sight was quite stunning. 

The cave lead onto a stone circular platform, completely surrounded by waterfalls. I stepped out onto the platforms and took a look around when I finally spotted someone under the waterfall, water pounding down on them. A warrior, clad in bright yellow armour reminiscent of a samurai.  Was this Yoshimitsu? The insectoid armour he wore in our last encounter was no where to be seen.

The figure spotted me and abruptly leapt from under the waterfall, he twirled his sword above his head to hover before landing in front of me. Snapping his head up he stared directly at me and exclaimed "Ah! You made it, I wondered when I'd be seeing you again!"