Prologue

Cecelia stood on the sidelines, watching as her twin walked the red carpet. She looked at the awed looks on people's faces and backed away, standing along the wall out of view. She rubbed her arm, her eyes starting to water as the Father Daughter dance begun, a tradition in her family. When a girl has her birthday in this family, the Father and Daughter would dance for a little while. Cecelia watched her twin and Father dance from along the crowd, then heard footsteps. A hand struck her across the face, causing her eyes to widen. "Why aren't you getting ready for your turn?!"Her mother demanded glaring down at her. She started to silently cry, touching her cheek as she trembled. "The Royal Family accepted our invite! You should be smiling and getting ready"Her mother continues.

"Y-Yes mother"Cecelia mumbled. "Fix your horrid makeup and get ready!"Her mother commanded. She nodded, and grabbed a napkin, wiping her makeup off. She turned and walked over to her maid, Rosy looking at her with concern as she redid her makeup. "You're on"Rosy says. Cecelia walked through the crowd, her pale orange hair tied up in two buns with flowers in them. Her father forced a smile, making her tremble. She took his hand, the music starting back up. She looked down, doing her best to not mess this up for her parents. She stepped on her father's foot and fell over, hitting the ground hard. Murmuring started up, her twin sister giggling looking quite smug at the sight. "Get up"Her father ordered under his breath. She shakily got up, chuckling making her tremble.

Her father held his hand out to her again, making her tremble more. She looked around, nobles staring at her with judging expressions. A golden blonde stared at her, a white haired girl beside him. She stared, tears starting to fall down her cheeks. She turned ran out, her parents yelling for her to come back. She ran down to the garden, throwing her heels away in anger. She fell to her knees, sobbing behind the sunflowers. "Someone...just kill me...please, I'm begging you"Cecelia pleaded. She looked up, gripping the grass. "JUST KILL ME!"Cecelia yelled. She looked down, her hair curtaining her face. "...Please, anyone"Cecelia begged. "Hey." She looked up, the blonde from before staring down at her looking concerned. She shakily reached out, grabbing his pants legs.

"Are you gonna kill me....please, please, just kill me....I'm ready to die"Cecelia stared her eyes starting to water again. He stared at her, his eyes widening. "I'm not special, I've been told that all my life....I'll never be special, I'll never be wanted..."Cecelia mumbled looking down. "So please...just, kill me so I can join the afterlife and not be worried about my worth"Cecelia begged. "You are special.." He grabbed her hands, lifting her up. "I think you dance better without those heels"The male smiled. He took his boots off, setting them aside and held his hand out. "No...you should go dance with Willow, she's more graceful than me"Cecelia says looking away. He grabbed her hand and pulled her close. "Just focus on me...ignore everything around you"The blonde smiled his expression softening.

He gently moved around and twirled her once, everything fading away around them, the soft music from inside the mansion making Cecelia smile, causing the blondes eyes to widen at the sight. "Isis." She looked up at him, looking surprised. "I'm Isis...the prince of this land"Isis smiled. "I'm Cecelia..."Cecelia responded. "Cecelia is a great name for someone as pretty as my sister"Isis smiled. "I'm a little jealous..your smile can rival the sun, you should smile more"Isis smiled. He placed his hands on her waist, lifting her up, doing two gentle spins before setting her down. "If you give yourself the chance, you can see your worth"Isis says leaning closer to her. She stared at him, leaning closer to him automatically. "CECELIAAAAA!" She flinched, her eyes wide as she moved back.

"That's...my mother calling..."Cecelia mumbled finding her heels and putting them on. "Wait, can I see you again!"Isis gasped as she hurried away. Cecelia stopped, her eyes wide as her heel came off. "Wait! Cecelia!"Isis called running towards her. She looked at him, then back at her heel, before running inside her home, the doors slamming behind her. Isis stared, then picked her purple heel up, Aisha walking over to him. "Where are your shoes..."Aisha asked surprised. "Ah...I'll go grab them"Isis muttered staring at Cecelia's heel as he walked away. Aisha blinked, staring after him silently before smirking in amusement. He picked his boots up, slipping then back on, and carried Cecelia's heel. "I'll return this to her and I'll help her escape that home"Isis swore looking towards Cecelia's home.