Chapter Twenty Eight

The sound of footsteps echoed through the dungeon hallway, a figure walking towards Flint and Cosette's cell. Flint looked up and chuckled, coming closer to the bars. "You're brave for coming down here, surprised you even care for her!"Flint mocked. The figure pulled out a sword and stabbed Flint right in his knee, causing his eyes to widen as he fell backwards. The male stepped into the cell, stepping on Flints hand, ignoring his yell of pain. "Lady Cosette, you've been pardoned for your crimes, but you are to leave this place forever and never return." Cosette stared at him her eyes wide in surprise as she got up. Isis pulled his hood down, staring at her as he held his hand out. "Come on Ezra and Annie are waiting"Isis nodded. She took his hand, Flint growling in fury.

"Try me"Isis ordered looking at him. He walked out, Cosette following him. He took his cloak off and wrapped it around her, leading her up the staircase. Ezra smiled when the two stepped out, Cosette hugging him tight. "Thank you, your majesty"Ezra smiled looking at him. "Go now..."Isis ordered. Ezra nodded, and turned hurrying away. Isis looked around before hurrying down the hallway to Cecelia's room. He opened her door, finding Cecelia asleep, Kodak curled up by her stomach. "Cecelia"Isis smiled walking over and gently shaking her. "Hey"Isis chuckled. She opened her eyes, and looked at him, letting out a small yawn. "Isis..."Cecelia stared. "Come on"Isis smiled picking her up. He set her down and pushed the balcony door open.

Cecelia stepped out, her eyes widening at the sight of Cosette stepping into a carriage with Annie and Ezra. "MOM! DAD! ANNIE!" The trio looked up, Cecelia smiling as she waved to them, her eyes starting to water. Cosette's expression softened and she waved back. "Come visit us big sis!"Annie called waving to her, a wide smile on her face as the carriage took off, guards turning a blind eye to it. "I WILL!"Cecelia promised happy tears falling down her cheeks. The wind blew through her hair, the sound of a gentle melody lifting up into the air, a soft smile appearing on her face. "I'll see you guys again....I promise"Cecelia smiled. Isis raised his hand and waved, earning a grateful wave from Ezra, Annie laughing when Cecelia grabbed Isis's hand playfully making him wave it faster.

"Ahh! My hand hurts!"Isis laughed smiling at her. She laughed, giving him a wide smile, letting his hand go. He grabbed her hands, laughter coming from them both as he made her wave more, a grin on his face. "My arms hurt!"Cecelia giggled. He chuckled, letting her hands go, the two watching the carriage ride out of view. "...Isis...thank you"Cecelia smiled looking at him. "Don't worry about it Cecelia"Isis says. He grabbed her hand, pressing a kiss to the back of it. "I'll do anything for you...so you can come to me no matter what it is"Isis smiled looking up at her. "Isis.."Cecelia stared stunned, Icy watching them with a wide smile from her little bed. She looked down shyly, a small smile on her face. Isis stepped closer, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Goodnight"Isis smiled.

She nodded, but then grabbed his sleeve. She pressed a kiss to his cheek, causing his eyes to widen. "Goodnight your majesty"Cecelia smiled letting him go. She walked over to her bed, Isis heading over to her room door. He looked back at her and smiled, before opening the door and stepping out, closing it behind him. Cecelia smiled, gripping her blanket, a giddy feeling inside her. She looked out her window, and giggled. "He's adorable..."Cecelia smiled. Kodak let out a little grunt, sniffing her smelling Isis. He let out a tiny roar, Cecelia giggling as she shushed him. "Goodnight Kodak"Cecelia smiled gently stroking the bear cubs back, helping him fall asleep. She yawned, stretching and laid down, a small smile on her face as she fell asleep.

Isis awoke to the sun shining in his face, and perked up, hearing a little roar beside his bed. He sat up and laughed, finding Kodak bounding around his room, getting into stuff. He got up, hurrying after the bear cub. "Come here little munchkin!"Isis chuckled. Kodak dove under the bed, Isis grinning in amusement. "Where'd he go! He was just frolicking my room a moment ago"Isis grinned kneeling down beside his bed. He lifted the blankets, and grabbed Kodak, laughter coming from him as he held the cub upside down. He set the cub on his bed, petting him. "Where's Cecelia, little guy"Isis asked. "Here!"Cecelia smiled. She walked in, wearing a light pink dress, there was floral patterning around the chest part, flower petals around the skirt of the dress, and a rose necklace around her neck. Her hair was up in a ponytail, a pink bow with a blue gem keeping it all together.

He stared at her, his eyes wide in surprise. "I brought you breakfast!"Cecelia beamed. "Thank you"Isis smiled taking the tray of food. "Prince Isis!" Rosy hurried in and stopped upon seeing Cecelia, giving her a big smile. "I was gonna ask where Lady Cecelia was!"Rosy smiled Isis glancing at Cecelia. "Cecelia, why don't you head down to the garden! Moonflowers are growing down there, had the guards plant some for you"Isis smiled. "Sounds great, meet me down there!"Cecelia smiled hurrying out of the room, Kodak following her. Isis looked at Rosy, turning serious. "Anything..."Isis asked. Rosy handed him a bottle of red powder, causing his eyes to widen. "She wanted me to put this poison in Cecelia's drink when she invites her and Aisha for tea"Rosy informs. "Thank you...you've done well"Isis smiled nodding.