Chapter Twenty Seven

Cecelia stood at the gate, looking nervous, Annie beside her. Isis had argued with Annie about Cecelia going to visit their father, after he found out that Annie and Cecelia's father lived in the enemy kingdoms territory. He had told her that he didn't want the royal family finding out that Cecelia had close ties with them and using her as leverage to demand whatever they wanted. Annie had agreed that it would be dangerous and sent a letter for their father to come here. Cecelia stared as a carriage rode up, the door opening. A orange haired man with light pink eyes stepped out of the carriage, looking around in amazement. "Still as beautiful as ever! Look at that shining sun!" Cecelia stared at him, her eyes wide in shock. "Father..."Cecelia muttered stunned.

He looked at her, his eyes widening in shock. "Cecelia....you've grown so much, haven't seen you since you were a little baby the size of my hand.."The man smiled. She ran over to him and hugged him tight, tears falling down her cheeks. "Where's that Flint bastard, I wanna have a talk with him!"Her father snarled. Isis stared at him stunned by the resemblance. "Oh, I am Duke Ezra"The man greeted bowing his head to Isis. "Thank you for caring and protecting my daughter"Ezra smiled hugging Cecelia again. "Where's Cosette and Flint"Ezra asked. Cecelia looked down, Isis stepping forward. "They've been arrested sir, for murder..."Isis informs. "Cosette would never murder"Ezra says stunned. "Flint and Willow did the main murders, Cosette also killed but it was only four people..."Isis informed.

"May I see her"Ezra asked. Isis looked at Cecelia, getting a small nod from her. "Follow me"Isis nodded. He turned and walked away, leading them back into the palace. The group headed down to the dungeons, Cecelia feeling dizzy from the spiral stairs. Isis placed a hand on her shoulder to steady her, giving her a small smile. "I HEAR YOU! BRING ME WATER OR ELSE YOU STUPID GUARDS!" Isis scowled, walking closer to the cell at the end of the hallway. Flint stared, his eyes wide at the sight of the prince. He gave the crowned prince a maniacal smile, Cosette sitting on the bed silently bruised and bloody, Ezra's eyes widening. "COSETTE!!"Ezra yelled Isis holding him back as Flint laughed. "Ezra..."Cosette muttered shakily looking up, blood coming from the corner of her mouth.

"Mom!"Annie gasped shocked. Cosette smiled, tears starting to fall down her cheeks. "Annie"Cosette smiled. "Let me out so I can twist that brats intestines out"Flint grinned staring Cecelia down. "Lets go..."Isis beckoned walking away. Ezra followed them, Annie and Cecelia sticking close to their Father as they left the dungeons. "I'LL GET OUT OF HERE ONE DAY! I'M COMING FOR YOU PRINCE ISIS AND I'LL MAKE CECELIA WATCH AS I KILL YOU, THEN I'LL MAKE SURE THE LAST THING YOU SEE IS SOMETHING THAT'LL HAUNT YOU EVEN IN THE AFTERLIFE, YOU BRAT!"Flint spat behind them. Cecelia reached forward and grabbed the princes hand, stepping closer to him. He gripped her hand back, Ezra making a face a protective aura waving off of him.

Isis closed the dungeon door behind him when they were all out and looked at Cecelia. "I'm sorry you had to see your mother like that"Isis sighed. He looked at Ezra and Annie next, sighing. "I'm sorry you also had to see her this way..."Isis muttered. "Why isn't she in a different cell!"Ezra demanded. "We tried to move her but Flint has lost his mind and goes crazy on any guard that even dares to step foot in the cell, and we don't know if he can take on a large group of guards, and we don't wanna risk anyone's life after the first attack"Isis replied guilty. Cecelia stared at her feet, her eyes starting to water. "I'm going back to my room"Cecelia says walking away, Annie hurrying after her. Isis stared after her, before letting out a sigh, getting a maid to lead Ezra to a guest room.

Night arrived, Isis sitting in his room silently, looking out the window. He heard footsteps and got up, grabbing his sword, cautiously stepping out of the room. "Cecelia..."Isis says stunned to find her wondering around at night. She stared at him, her eyes wide. "What's the matter"Isis asked stepping closer. Cecelia fell to her knees, her head bowed as tears streamed down her face. "Please...I'm begging you, save my mother from that cell!"Cecelia pleaded. "SHE WAS A BAD PERSON, BUT SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THE TREATMENT SHE'S RECEIVING! PLEASE, SAVE HER FROM FLINT!"Cecelia cried looking up at Isis. He stared at her shocked, then hurried forward, pulling her into a tight hug, gripping her hand. "I'll think of something, I'll get her out of there"Isis swore.