Chapter Thirty Seven

Cecelia laid in bed asleep, her room door opening. "Cecelia." A hand shook her, making her groan quietly trying to stay asleep. "Cecelia!" She opened her eyes, staring in shock at the sight of Isis standing there a sullen look on his face. "Why..."Isis asked staring at her. "What"Cecelia mumbled. He grabbed her, hauling her up, tears falling down her cheeks. "Get rid of the child! They're not worth your life Cecelia!"Isis begged his eyes widening. She stared at him speechless, feeling her eyes start to water. "Isis..."Cecelia muttered. "Cecelia, I'm begging you right now to rid yourself of this baby, I want a child as much as you do but you will die if you have this one"Isis pleaded.

"Isis...I...I refuse to get rid of this child"Cecelia says looking down. Isis loosened his grip on her, staring down at her silently. "I'm sorry....I don't have the heart to do it, I love babies and children of all ages...it always hurt me when I see them struggle...so I'm asking you to love and care for this child as if I was still alive"Cecelia sighed. He hugged her tight, and nodded. "I'll..take care of her the best I can..."Isis promised. "Her?"Cecelia blinked. "I feel like it's gonna be a girl, I don't know why but I feel as if that's what they are"Isis chuckled. She smiled at him, resting her head on his shoulder. He laid down beside her, his arm around her waist.

She stared at him, noticing the sad smile on his face. "Isis..."Cecelia says placing a hand on his cheek. "I don't want you to die if I'm being honest...I always said I'd grant your wishes no matter what...I didn't think this would be one of your wishes"Isis hesitated. He placed a kiss to the palm of her hand, both laying there in silence. He looked back at her, noticing how she was trying to stay awake. "Go to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up"Isis smiled. She smiled back, drifting off back into her peaceful slumber. He stared at her, before placing a hand on her stomach, a small scowl on his face. He removed his hand, letting himself drift off into a peaceful slumber.

The sound of a wail woke Isis up, Kodak bounding around. "Hey buddy"Isis chuckled Kodak leaping onto his chest. He looked next to him, finding Cecelia gone, causing his eyes to widen. He looked to see Mako gone as well, making him jump up, setting Kodak down. The door opened, Cecelia walking in, carrying a tray of food. "You shouldn't be moving! Lay back down!"Cecelia scolded giving him a small glare. "Says the one expecting a baby"Isis smiled amused. She grinned at him and giggled, before setting the tray of food down, sitting beside him. "Aisha and me are going to visit Willow"Cecelia beamed. He nodded, Mako nudging his hand letting out a quiet bark.

"Shake"Isis smiled. Mako placed his paw on his hand, looking at him intently. Isis grabbed some bacon, placing it on the wolves nose. "Wait, wait"Isis grinned. "Go ahead!"Isis grinned. Mako launched the bacon up and caught it, chewing then swallowing. "Good job"Isis grinned petting the black wolf. Cecelia laughed, beaming at them both. "Cecelia, ready to go!"Aisha asked. Aisha stopped, her eyes wide at the sight of Isis. "Ah, hey sis"Isis smiled. Aisha ran over and threw her arms around him relieved. "You're awake!"Aisha cried. "Yeah, sorry I didn't come see you immediately, I couldn't move for a while"Isis chuckled rubbing her back.

"I'm just glad you're awake, that's it"Aisha smiled tightening her grip on him. He chuckled, placing a hand on the back of her head. Cecelia watched them both, a tearful smile on her face. "I have to catch up with you all"Isis smiled moving back, his hands on her shoulders. "You do! There's a lot going on now, a servant has been spreading private info about the royal family, now everyone knows Cecelia is expecting a magicked baby!"Aisha replied sternly. "What"Isis growled a dark look on his face. "We can't track the person down, but it turns out they've been using a secret passage to get out and spread the info around!"Aisha went on nodding.

Isis frowned, glancing at Cecelia who had her hands resting on her stomach. "I'll find out who's the cause of this, you two to have fun with Willow"Isis insists looking at them both, smiling again. "You sure?"Cecelia asks placing a hand on his back. "Yeah, go have some fun"Isis nodded pressing a kiss to her forehead. Aisha stared at him, noticing the way he was subtly acting, knowing he was gonna do everything in his power to make sure Cecelia lived a peaceful and good nine months before she died. "We'll be back before lunch"Cecelia informs. "Yeah, don't eat without us!"Aisha blurted immediately, sweat dropping a little. Isis waved, watching them go, Rosy walking in. He went serious, Rosy bowing her head ready. "Rosy, set Rosette up."