[5]

"everyone! we can take it easy for a bit. We're inside the jujutsu barrier." geto says while they all enter the jujutsu high entrance.

ayaka stretch her arms along with her legs and smiles at satoru.

She smiled at me. That one was genuine. It made my heartbeat fast.

ayaka's smile suddenly faded and her mood change into feeling like something bad is going to happen which satoru notices.

"hey, are you okay?" he asks while he took a step near ayaka.

"yeah, I just feel like there's something going to happen." she answered while satoru felt that ayaka was having goosebumps.

"maybe you're just overthinking things." he shot back furrowing his brows.

"satoru, thank for you hard work." geto interrupted making satoru look at him.

"no more. no more babysitting." satoru says with his face annoyed. His body then tense up making everyone's eyes widen in shock.

"WHAT?" Riko yelled out.

Ayaka couldn't move after seeing satoru got stabbed from the back by a familiar black hair man. her whole body was shaking, her face and mind went blank.

"I..impossible." geto whispered.

ayaka fall from her knees still trying to process what just happened.

"do i know you from somewhere?" satoru says looking at the guy from his peripheral vision while his temple started sweating.

"Don't sweat it, I'm not one to remember some dudes name either." the black hair guy says while he still holds his sword that he use to stab satoru.

"that's why I waited until you were worn down." he continued as he push the sword more to satoru's chest while satoru holds it tightly.

"Fu...fushiguro.." ayaka mumbled not enough for everyone to hear. She was still on her knees staring at the ground blankly.

the guy named fushiguro look to ayaka's side making him chuckle.

"you brat look nothing like your mom."

"don't hurt her." satoru whispered.

geto released a huge curse from his hand as he yelled out satoru's name making fushiguro remove his sword from satoru. satoru then fell down on his knees while geto approached him.

before he could help his friend satoru raised his hand and stopped him as he looks up to geto while he still smiles like nothing happened.

"It's fine, my cursed technique didn't make it on time but he didn't hit any vital organs and I reinforced my cursed energy to make sure the sword didn't do any further damage" satoru explained while he smiles at geto.

Satoru quickly stood up while geto's curse distracts fushiguro. "amanai's the priority. I'll take care of this. Also, protect ayaka. Hurry to tengen-sama's place."

satoru ordered making geto nod in response.

"don't let your guard down!" geto yelled.

geto quickly pick up ayaka into bridal style since she still couldn't move from what's happening.

What happened to her? Geto thought.

the four of them quickly went underground to tengen-sama's place while satoru fought fushiguro.

"oi, ayaka are you okay?" geto says as he knelt down to ayaka's level.

"he's—he's here." she whispered her voice still shaking.