2: run

you sprinted up the stairs to your apartment and unlock the door. no one had showed up yet.

you went into your room and log onto your computer, pulling up a dashboard to look at the tests you had been running the day before. the person who was at your other apartment was gone now, but you knew it was only a matter of time before they found this one.

you exhaled, trying to calm down and thinking about the things you needed to do before going on the run. your thoughts were interrupted by your phone ringing again. you looked at the notification that pulled up the security footage of the apartment you were in, and you saw two men in suits walking up to your front door.

"shhiiiiit" you mutter to yourself. you ejected the flash drive inserted into your computer and stash it into your bra, wedging it securely between the bottom of your breast and your bra.

the two men walked up to your front door, and the tall one with slicked back hair knocked on the door.

"y/n? open up!" he called.

the two brothers didn't hear any response from inside the apartment. the tall one tried knocking again, but the silence remained. the shorter one sighed and kicked in the door with one swift kick.

you heard the door give in from your room and the two brothers walked in. you glanced around the room. there weren't many places to hide in the room, so you grabbed a spare hard drive nearby and hid behind your open bedroom door. you held your free hand over your mouth to silence your breathing.

"y/n! your father sent us, just come out!" you heard a smooth voice call out.

oh fuck no, you thought.

as if anything good ever came from that man. how stupid do they think i am?

out in your living room, the brothers looked around, taking in your decor. it was fully furnished and had books, clothes, and blankets everywhere. at least someone lived there.

they exchanged a knowing look, and the shorter of the two walked towards your bedroom. he walked into your room, his back facing towards you. you gripped the hard drive in your hands and walked up behind him as quietly as you could. he noticed your presence and started to turn around, but you were already hitting him in the back of the head with the piece of equipment.

the man in your room slumped to the ground, grasping the back of his head. "FUCK" he yelled out in pain, unable to move.

"rindou?" the smooth voice called out.

you took this as your cue to run. you sprinted over to your window and threw it open, hearing footsteps making their way to your bedroom.

one thought clung to your mind: why did the name rindou sound familiar?

you dismissed the thought from your mind as you climbed onto the fire escape and quickly climbed down the stairs, flying as fast as you could to get to your bike.

back in your room, the tall one entered our room and saw his brother on the floor. he bursted out laughing, clutching at his sides. you flinched at the sound of laughter, pushing your body to go even faster.

oh god, why did i need to live on the fourth floor?

"damn, she got you good." he gasped.

"shut the fuck up." the one on the floor moaned in pain. "just go get her."

"don't worry, your big brother will take care of this." the taller man smirked and climbed out your window with ease. he ran after you, spotting you about to get off the stairway. you looked up to see the tall man smiling down at you, quickly gaining on you.