46: pick you up

"is it a good thing i called you y/n?" mikey asked you while you still laid on top of him.

"yes. i liked it a lot, actually." you told him.

you rolled over onto the bed and got on your back, lost in thought before looking at mikey. he was staring up at the ceiling, thinking over your words.

"why do you call yourself honey then?" he asked, his eyes cutting back to yours.

"because that's what my brother would call me when he was still alive. so i just went with that." you replied.

"that's it?" he questioned. his dark eyes searched your face just in case there was a hidden emotion there, but he didn't find any.

the answer seemed almost too simple.

"that's it." you nodded, and mikey went back to staring at the ceiling.

"but that's kind of a weird name to call your sister." mikey said suddenly.

"i guess. he didn't really grow up in japan, so i cut him some slack." you chuckled. "it's not like we were biologically related anyway."

"you weren't?" mikey asked, his head whipping towards you. apparently this was news to him.

"no, he was my stepbrother." you shook your head.

"oh."

things were different than what mikey had thought, but he dismissed it as him not fully paying attention to you. after all, the only other time you really talked about your families was the first time you met.

mikey brought one of his hands behind his head, his abs flexing since he was still shirtless.

you could help but stare, noticing how the light shined on his skin but the muscles were prominent enough they cast little shadows in the valleys of his abdomen.

feeling your eyes on him, mikey slid his gaze over to you. he saw you looking intently at his stomach, on the verge of drooling as your eyes raked over each individual muscle.

"are you horny?" he asked, pulling you from your impure thoughts.

you averted your gaze, pretending to look out one of the windows, but you knew you were already too late.

"sorry.." you mumbled.

"don't be sorry. didn't you just have sex yesterday though?"

the mouth on this guy was incredible.

"i suddenly need to go." you told him, feeling your cheeks grow painfully warm. you started to roll away to get out of his bed, but he wrapped an arm around you before you could make a getaway.

mikey rested a hand on your stomach, reaching up under your shirt to stroke your skin lightly. a moment after, you felt his front pressed against your back and his face in your hair.

"it was a joke. i told you i don't care who you sleep with." he murmured.

...as long as it's not kakucho. or really any guy that might have actual feelings for you. he continued to think.

"right." you remembered.

he had told you that in the past, didn't he?

but for someone who didn't care, he did sure bring up your sex life a lot...

"let's eat breakfast." mikey announced, leaning over your side to give you a kiss on the tip of your nose.

he got up and walked over to his dresser, pulling out a fresh pair of underwear and identical black shirt to the one he had been wearing the previous day.