61: resolve

"that was fucking amazing, y/n." rindou sighed, laying down next to you in his bed after showering together.

"it was pretty great." you giggled.

he laid on his back and wrapped his arm around your shoulders, bringing your head to lay on his chest. you rested one of your hands on his stomach, resisting the urge to trace your fingertips along his giant tattoo, the same one he shared with his brother.

rindou noticed how your eyes were following the pattern of the ink on his skin, looking at it almost longingly. he grabbed your hand on his stomach and brought it to the teeth-shaped part of the skull, letting your fingers graze against the slightly raised skin. you got the message and continued to trace his tattoo when he let your hand go.

"wait, so does ran know about that night?" you thought out loud.

"yeah. that's why he's been laying off you lately and took kakucho out tonight." rindou answered.

"and what about the others?" you asked.

"no, can you imagine how jealous some of them might be?" he let out a chuckle.

"i'm not sure if jealous is the right word, but i think most of them would have something to say." you said. your fingers moved up to the spirals on his chest, finished with his stomach.

"speaking of that, there's something that's been on my mind." he began, taking a small breath. "who was that guy who was with you?"

"why do you want to know?" you asked, tilting your head to catch his gaze, but he was deliberately not looking at you.

"just wondering." he said nonchalantly.

"just wondering?! are you telling me the rindou haitani might be feeling insecure?" you teased.

he let out a groan, regretting his decision to even ask.

"whatever. i'm sure i can find him."

good luck.

"i'm just fucking with you." you laughed. "that was my brother."

there was a beat of silence as rindou processed what you just said.

"...you have a brother?"

"yeah."

his eyebrows furrowed, trying to think about it more and realized he had no idea you had someone like that in your life.

"why didn't i know that?" he asked, upset with himself that he had forgotten or didn't know such an important detail about your life.

"i don't think we've ever talked about it before. kakucho told me he wasn't on my background check either." you said.

rindou hummed in acknowledgement.

"interesting. you guys didn't really act like brother and sister." he said.

"he's my step brother, but still." you confirmed.

"oh he's your step brother? now i see why he seemed so -" rindou started, but you knew where this was going.

"don't say it!" you held your hand up to cut him off.

you hoped he would stop after that, but he just started laughing.

"i was joking! oh god, don't tell me -"

"RINDOU!"

"huh, i almost forgot what my name sounds like coming out of your mouth when you're not moaning." he said, making you turn over and lightly hit his shoulder.

"keep it up and you won't be hearing that again!" you threatened.

(that was a lie)

"i was KIDDING! don't say that, y/n." he said quickly, worried he upset you until he felt you laugh against him.