9: material girl

"we can celebrate, but we're not going out." kakucho said.

"why not?!" ran asked incredulously.

"you know why." was the only response he gave.

ran seemed to know what he meant. he sighed. "fiiiiiiinnneeeeee. but next time, we're going to the club."

he clapped his hands together. "who wants a drink?!" he asked. "or a pill, perhaps?" ran grinned at sanzu. sanzu rolled his eyes but didn't refuse.

during the party, if you could even call it that, you were formally introduced to the remaining bonten executive you hadn't talked to yet, takeomi. you noticed he chainsmoked as he spent most of the party sitting silently, observing the scene before him.

he sat across from you on a lounge chair, and kokonoi had sat down next you as you worked on your third drink of the night. you thought kokonoi looked so dainty with his legs crossed over top of each other and perfect posture.

"honey, i just wanted to apologize about my behavior earlier." he bowed his head slightly to you. "i was wrong and spoke too soon about your abilities."

you let out a chuckle to hide your slight embarrassment from his seriousness. "it's okay, seriously. you don't need to apologize again."

kokonoi looked back up at you to observe your expression. you just gave him a warm smile, not a hint deception on your charming face.

he wasn't expecting you to be so easygoing, especially after he heard about the attitude you've been giving sanzu, but that wasn't a bad thing at all. not at all.

in fact, it made koko like you a little bit more.

kakucho walked up and sat down on the other side of you, a glass of alcohol in hand.

"hey, y/n. how are you liking your new clothes?" he asked, nodding to the outfit you were wearing.

you looked down at your clothes. indeed, kakucho had bought these clothes for you whenever you had first been taken by bonten. "ah. i like them a lot, thanks again." you told him before taking a sip from your glass of whiskey, unsure of how to act.

kakucho opened his mouth again to say something, but koko beat him to the punch.

"you like shopping?" he asked inquisitively.

seems like a targeted question, you thought as you turned to look at him again. you glanced at his outfit. you couldn't identify a logo or brand on his clothes, but they looked expensive.

you know, like whenever the material of a fabric seems thick and the stitching is immaculate? you could just tell.

"yeah, it's fun." you gave him a small shrug.

kokonoi hummed, tilting his head to the side thoughtfully. a sly smile spread on his lips.

"let me take you out shopping as my final apology." he offered.

"oh, that's okay -" you started.

"great! it's settled." he interrupted.

did he really just talk over you like that? but free things didn't hurt.

"well thank you, kokonoi-"

"you can just call me koko." he said. "we can be on a first name basis. is that alright, y/n?"

he grabbed one of your hands off your lap carefully and pressed your knuckles to his lips. your mouth hung open in shock as he did so, blood quickly rushing to your cheeks.

kakucho and takeomi's eyes flickered between you and koko, taking note of your flustered reaction. koko also noticed the red tint in your cheeks, adorning his lips with a satisfied smirk.