80: the happiness you deserved

somewhere in tokyo, you were sleeping in your bed.

a few weeks had past since that night you all went out and partied, and things were definitely changing for the better.

for one, you were making money now and had your own means of buying things. of course, some people like koko still treated you to shopping sprees and bought you gifts.

and now you were truly free to do whatever you wanted. you had seen kazutora a few times since then, but you still didn't go out very much as you were adjusting to the new phase of your life and figuring out what you wanted to do.

the dynamics between you and the others hadn't changed much though. many of them already held a lot of respect for you before all this change, but now they asked you for your opinion instead of telling you what to do.

and you were adjusting well. you and koko still worked pretty closely together, sitting in your usual working area and shooting the shit whenever you weren't doing things for bonten.

most importantly, you weren't avoiding the truth anymore. it was time to be honest with yourself about what happened and work on your avoidance of your brother's death and how you ceased to care about having a life after. with help from a mental health professional and your growing support network, you actually wanted to have a life worth living.

things were far from perfect, but big changes took time.

now you were waking up in your room at bonten headquarters, the sunlight from the early morning already pouring in through your windows. you blinked awake sleepily, coming face to face with someone's chest.

you tilted your head up to look at his sleeping face, looking as peaceful as he always did when you slept next to each other.

you smiled up at him, brushing away a stray strand of hair that had fallen into his eyes.

god, he's so handsome... you thought as you admired his facial features. your eyes eventually wandered back down to his chest tattoo at your eye level. you wanted nothing more than to reach out and trace the lines of it beneath your fingertips, but you didn't want to wake him up. he needed the rest, especially since you had stayed up late.

you stayed there for a bit, resting your head against his chest and listening to his heart beat before it was time to get up. you tried sliding out of his arms and the bed as gently as possible, but you still ended up waking him.

"....what time is it?" he asked groggily, covering his eyes with the back of his hand to shield them from the sun.

"it's 10 in the morning." you told him, sitting on his side of the bed and looking down at him softly.

"already?"

you chuckled.

"yeah. that's what happens when you stay up all night."

"but it was a good night." he replied, sitting up and giving you a kiss on the lips.

"it was." you agreed, giggling at the memories. "but i have to get ready and go. mikey wanted me to go with him this morning."

"he can't do it by himself?" he asked, laying back on your bed.

"he wants me to be there, apparently." you shrugged.

"that sounds like mikey. are we still good for dinner tonight?"

"yeah. i'll see you later, now go back to sleep. there's some breakfast in the fridge when you wake up." you told him.

"thank you." he smiled sleepily.

"no problem. have a good day." you said, leaning down and giving him a goodbye kiss before you left for the day.