50: my type

"so, am i your type?" kakucho asked you.

you let out a giggle.

you were with him in the bath, sitting in between his legs with your back pressed against his chest. he had his arms wrapped around your waist, softly stroking the skin on your stomach.

both of you were still breathing a bit heavy after what had to have been the third or fourth round of having sex. you were physically exhausted, but mentally you were still wide awake.

"yeah, you are." you turned your head to face him, glancing from his eyes down to his lips before leaning in to kiss him.

he cupped the side of your face to reciprocate, only to slightly pull back.

"you're my type too." he said huskily.

your entire body warmed, leaving you feeling fuzzy inside.

and for some reason, you believed him.

"so why were you avoiding me in the first place?" you asked.

when he didn't answer right away, you turned to look at him again. your eyes searched his, and you could see the conflict in kakucho's heterochromatic eyes.

"did someone tell you to do it?" you pressed.

when you thought of it, that would make sense. and kakucho's continued silence was enough for you to draw conclusions for yourself.

"who was it?" you asked.

"it's okay. i'll handle it when we get back." he assured you, not wanting to ruin the moment you were having.

you hummed in acknowledgement, thinking over what he said, or rather what he was t saying.

he probably would only listen to somebody above him or someone close to him, you thought.

you knew that kakucho had known ran, rindou, and mochi from a while back, but you knew it couldn't have been rindou or mochi based off that night.

if ran said something like that to kakucho, you would assume the same thing would go for rindou too. not that you thought kakucho would listen to ran anyway.

kakucho was bonten's number 3, so he was pretty high up. and something like this wasn't sanzu's m.o. either, leaving only one person.

"was it mikey?"

kakucho's eyes widened in surprise. he really couldn't get anything past you.

"how'd you know?" he wondered.

"just a feeling i got." you replied.

you wished that feeling were wrong, but apparently it wasn't.

and it pissed you off. if mikey had a problem, he should've told you himself rather than trying to get kakucho to leave you alone or tell you he didn't care when he must have. you were also frustrated that worked, but at least kakucho came to his senses.

"you don't need to take care of dealing with him for me. i'll do it myself." you told him.

"y/n -" kakucho started.

"please let me do this." you requested, cutting him off.

"just tell me why.. why did you listen to him?" you asked him.

"it was for your safety. i thought he would kill you and make me do it." he said quietly.

you nodded in understanding, absorbing the information. even you knew that mikey would have a difficult time killing you off at this point though.