63: soon

the drive home with koko was full of chatter. he told you all about his conversation with inupi. it had went well, and they exchanged phone numbers and made plans to hang out the next week.

"how did it go with draken?" he asked, turning to give you a look.

"it was fine. he saw right through me talking to him. i wasn't expecting that, but i guess my first impression was off." you shrugged.

"he does have a talent for reading people." koko nodded. "it looked like he really enjoyed speaking with you, too."

you gave him a slightly puzzled expression.

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"he seemed into you. should i tell inupi it will be a double date?" koko teased.

"no. i was just using my 'charm' like you told me." you rolled your eyes.

"y/n. be serious."

"i am being serious!" you exclaimed before sighing.

"of course he was attractive and i liked talking to him. but i don't know.. i'm not ready to do something like that." you turned to look out the window. you hoped looking at the outside world would help you articulate your feelings, but it didn't.

"what i'm hearing is either there is someone else or you have some serious commitment issues." koko concluded.

"probably." you said vaguely.

"speaking of which, you promised to tell me more about your date you did decide to go on."

you paused for a second, unsure of what the day as koko egged you on.

"i'm listening." he prompted.

"i said maybe i would give you details." you corrected. "but i had a lot of fun, and that's all i'll say."

koko hummed in agreement, remembering what he saw rindou had looked like earlier that day. he decided not to press the issue and let it go while you finished your journey back to headquarters.

once you got back, you decided to stop by mikey's office. it had been a couple days since you saw him, and you had said you'd try to see him more often.

however, when you peeked into his office, you saw most of the executives there, looking at files with piles of folders everywhere. no one was speaking, either, which made you realize they were actually working.

yeah, i don't want to get in the middle of that, you thought as you silently closed the door.

you pulled out your phone and sent a text to mikey.

do you want to hang out?

you locked the phone and started to walk to the elevator when the phone buzzed.

roof :)

it was no surprise he was just as blunt in his texts as he was in real life.

when you got to the roof, you saw mikey laying on his back staring up at the sky. his eyes were closed, but you doubted he fell asleep within the few minutes he had texted you.

"mikey?" you called softly just in case he didn't hear you arrive.

his eyes opened groggily, letting out a "y/n."

"were you asleep?" you chuckled.

"no, i was charging." he said, sitting up with a yawn as you approached him.

mikey held his arms wide out in invitation for you to sit with him, and you sat in between his legs. he immediately snuggled up to you, wrapping his arms around your waist and burying his face in your neck.