56: happiness

a few hours later, you were awake again and getting ready to head back to your apartment. but as you went to leave mikey's place, he stopped you.

"wait here a second." he said before going back to his room to retrieve something.

when he came back, he placed something small in your hand. you looked down at the item and blinked a couple times just to make sure you weren't making shit up.

in your hand was a tiny motorcycle on a keychain. a CB250T keychain to be exact.

"what's this?" you asked, your gaze sliding back up to his.

"what do you think it is?" mikey chuckled. "i saw it and thought you'd like it."

a smile spread across your face and you reached out to squeeze him into a hug. unlike the last time you hugged him, he reciprocated the gesture immediately, inhaling your comforting scent.

"thank you." you told him.

mikey watched with an approving smile as you took out the key to your apartment out of your wristlet and added it to the keychain.

"see you." he bid you goodbye, waving at him over your shoulder as you left his place.

you stared at the keychain as you rode the elevator down to your floor, thinking about how far your relationship with mikey had come. you didn't even think he was capable of making such thoughtful gestures before.

when you got back to your place, you went to take a shower. you still felt a little groggy despite the extra sleep you got.

damn, i guess rindou was right. i am a little hungover.

i just can't drink like i used to. you realized with a sigh, letting the warm water run over your body, washing away any traces of alcohol or cum from the past day.

once you were done showering, you were walking back to your room when you heard a buzzing coming from your wristlet you had put down when you came in. you realized it was coming from the phone koko gave you, and evidently he had also programmed his phone number into it.

Good morning. Will you meet me in the main area later? I have work for you.

you chuckled and typed out a reply.

sounds good. see you soon :)

you set your phone down on the counter and got a glass of water, wondering what kind of project koko lined up for you when your thoughts were interrupted by knocking on your door. when you saw who was on the other side, you immediately opened it.

"hey." you greeted, standing to the side so he could come into your place.

"hey. how're you feeling today?" rindou asked.

he stepped into your apartment, glancing around to see if anyone else was there. he was already dressed in a suit and had a plastic bag with him, but you couldn't see what was inside of it.

"i'm pretty good. a little headache, but you know how it goes." you admitted.

"good thing i brought these then." rindou said happily, offering the bag to you.

you took the bag and opened it opened, revealing several sports drinks.

"i wasn't sure what flavor you liked, so i got a few." he said, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his pants as he observed your reaction.

you bit your lip to keep yourself from grinning like an idiot, but your lips still curled up as you looked back up at him, his lavender eyes looking into your e/c ones.