75: keep you close

after meeting with mikey and the rest, you went back to your apartment. going into your bedroom, you noticed the body-size imprints on your comforter you hadn't noticed earlier.

"what the hell? did they lay down in my bed?" you wondered out loud.

"yeah, sorry about that love." you heard ran's voice behind you.

before you could turn around, you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist, embracing you into a hug from behind.

"ran?" you asked, putting your hands over his on your sides and tilting your head to look up at him.

"i'm here too." rindou said.

"rin!" you tried craning your neck to see him, but ran's grip was so tight you couldn't find him until he came to your side.

"do you guys need something?"

"yeah, we wanted you to know we were going to tell you about this whole thing." rindou said.

you hummed skeptically in response, not entirely sold on the idea.

rindou pulled out his phone from his pocket and showed you the text he sent you earlier that day.

sorry i haven't texted you, things have been busy. are you free later today? i want to talk to you about something.

looking at when he sent it, you were already on your way to the cemetery at that time.

"i see.. and what could i have done with that information?" you asked, your gaze flickering from rindou's cell phone screen to his eyes.

"we would've left." he replied naturally, locking his phone and putting it back in his pocket.

"we?"

"yes. you could leave by yourself, or we could go with you if you wanted." ran clarified.

you laughed, but their faces remained serious.

"i don't think you'd leave all this behind. you're messing with me." you told them.

"it wouldn't need to be forever. we could do it for a couple years before coming back to japan." ran reasoned.

"if you can't believe that, then just know we got your passport and everything for you to leave." rindou said, pulling a japanese passport out of his suit jacket pocket.

you took your hands off ran's and grabbed the passport from rindou, opening it to see your face and all your information.

your lips parted as you touched the material and seals on it. if it was a fake, you had a hard time telling.

"like i said, we never wanted to keep it from you, and i was kidding about being happy you were going to leave." ran murmured to you. "i'd miss you too much."

"we're just happy that you didn't choose the complete life of crime." rindou added.

"becoming an executive was tempting though." you admitted, folding the passport in your hands closed. "i'm also guessing you guys found my note?"

rindou nodded.

"yeah. how did you know?"

"just a feeling. i knew you two or sanzu would tear this place apart." you teased.

"wow, you might know me as well as i know you." ran said.

"you act like you were the one who found it." rindou rolled his eyes.

"i assisted! you would have never found it if you didn't lay in her bed too." ran exposed.

"what the hell?" you said, laughter escaping your lips as you weren't sure whether you found it slightly weird or hilarious.