36: i'll remember that

after cleaning yourselves up, you, ran, and rindou walked out to the living room. to your surprise, sanzu was sitting on your couch smoking.

"sanzu.. what're you doing here?" you asked, stopping in the middle of your living room to stare at him.

"and how long have you been here?" rindou added suspiciously.

the scars on sanzu's mouth pulled up into a sly smile.

"long enough to know you had the soul sucked out of you. and i came here to see how y/n was doing." he replied.

"you were listening to that?" rindou growled.

"oh yeah." sanzu taunted. he raised his cigarette to his lips as he let out a laugh. "you're lucky i didn't join you."

maybe if it wasn't sanzu, you'd feel embarrassed. but it was him, and you wouldn't have expected anything less from the pink haired male.

it may have also had something to do with your confidence, which had skyrocketed after your first successful threesome.

rindou opened his mouth to say something, but you managed to speak first.

"why didn't you join us then?" you asked innocently, tilting your head to the side.

you heard ran chuckle beside you, but you kept your eyes on sanzu.

"you think you could handle all three of us, princess?" sanzu challenged, a wide grin on his lips as he eagerly waited for you to respond. he loved this little attitude of yours that would pop up every once in a while.

"of course i would. i have three holes, don't i?" you responded without skipping a beat.

sanzu let out a puff of smoke, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"i'll remember that."

things were quiet after that. your bruises and cuts eventually healed, and you finally felt like things went back to normal.

one thing that did change was you were almost never alone. not that they really let you be alone before, but you noticed one of the executives or their bodyguards standing outside your apartment door on more than a few occasions.

everyone seemed relaxed enough that you wrote it off as a temporary security measure after what happened. but still.. it seemed like a little too high effort in their own headquarters. when you tried asking takeomi about it, he just told you "mikey told us to be here", so you let it go. mikey did seem worried about you when you spoke to him last.

you didn't mind the company and would invite them in to eat with you or hang out, but when you woke up a few days after your encounter with ran and rindou, you only woke up with the desire to not see anyone.

you let out a sigh as you laid in your bed, staring up at the ceiling and your lips pressed between your teeth.

it wasn't going to be a good day.

it was your brother's death anniversary, a day that made you relive all the grief you had worked to recover from.

before you were taken by bonten, you would visit his grave every week to clean it and talk to him.

even though you knew going to see him wasn't a viable option, you still felt like you were betraying him somehow by not going to his grave today, so you needed to find a distraction. and despite your desire to stay in bed and cry all day by yourself, you knew being alone was probably the last thing you should do.

you got up and managed to get through your morning routine before poking your head outside of your apartment to see if anyone was outside.

kakucho stood next to your door, his back against the wall and his arms crossed. as you looked at him, you noticed he was just staring straight ahead of him, seeming lost in his thoughts.