44: make your move

"if you're going to make your move on y/n, you better do it soon." ran told his brother.

"make my move?" rindou questioned, setting down his headphones.

"if you want to have a chance of fucking her." ran explained, going to rindou's fridge and helping himself to a drink.

rindou furrowed his brow as he watched his brother. needing more answers, he left his dj set up in the living room and went towards the kitchen.

"wait, why couldn't i do that after he talks to her?"

ran chuckled as he opened up a bottle of beer.

"while you were busy playing hard to get with our y/n, kakucho was out being the perfect guy for her. mikey even told him to stay away from her." he said.

"so mikey must see him as a threat too." rindou put together, the gears turning in his mind as he and his brother were engaged in a game of 4D chess. "but we still don't know y/n's feelings."

"she cried after kakucho avoided her all day. i don't think she cried when i fucked that stripper the one night." ran pointed out.

she was jealous enough to go and sleep with someone else though, rindou thought but didn't care to share out loud.

ran took a big gulp of beer as he observed rindou's reaction, who was only staring off into space.

things had changed between that night at the club and now between you and everyone else though. it was true that you seemed to have a closer relationship with kakucho than some of the others. the line of people wanting you was also ever increasing, but there was no way they would know how you felt until you were the one who said it.

"fine. i'll talk to her before then." rindou let out a sigh.

ran raised an eyebrow at his younger brother.

"talk?" he asked.

"yeah. i'm going to hang out and talk to her." rindou said, looking down at his kitchen counter, tapping his fingers against the granite. as he thought of how things could go wrong, he shot ran a glare. "and don't you dare think about trying to crash or get in my way."

ran let out a low chuckle. he set down his empty beer bottle before telling him, "i wouldn't dream of it. she already knows how i feel anyway."

he began to walk away towards a set of stairs that went directly into his apartment when he turned back to look at rindou, who was still thinking inside his kitchen.

sending his brother's stare, rindou looked over at him.

"it's high time you start acting like how you feel about her. you should've done something about it earlier."

"yeah, i know. i fucked up." rindou let out another sigh, running his hand through his hair.

"you sure did. and now you might lose to kakucho." ran smirked, turning away to take the stairs to his place.

there was a beat of silence, making ran look over at his brother in curiosity as he didn't respond. to his surprise, rindou was staring at him.