52: we need to talk

"hey boss, there's something you need to come see." one of the bonten subordinates called out.

kakucho looked up from the pile of papers he was going through. he was at the old rival gang's headquarters, working on converting it to an outpost for bonten. after a couple weeks of going through the building, they were still going through all the surviving paperwork and documents.

looking at the subordinate, kakucho noticed the man looked pale.

"what is it?" kakucho asked.

"i.. i think you should come see for yourself."

kakucho let out a sigh.

"fine."

kakucho put the papers he held in his hand, putting them back in the pile before walking back with the subordinate.

when the two men left the room, a couple of bonten's guys looked at each other.

"doesn't he seem less uptight than usual?" one of them noticed.

"what? why would he be?" the other asked.

"beats me... although, i heard a rumor..."

"we missed this room? start going through everything, then." kakucho told him, walking into a back room he hadn't seen before.

"no... sir... look at this." the subordinate said, walking over to one of the boxes full of manila folders.

kakucho took the envelope from the man's shaky hands. when he opened it to see what was inside, nothing seemed out of place upon first glance...

but as he flipped through contents, he became more and more alarmed, feeling the world start to move sideways.

finally, he looked back up at the subordinate, his lips parted and eyes wide.

"what is this?"

the next day passed for you without incident. kakucho told you things would be busy for everyone, so you hadn't seen anyone since you spoke to mikey.

at least i'll get to see everyone at the party tonight, you thought as you went through your closet. it had been a while since everyone was together.

you settled on a red mini dress, one that takeomi had bought for you the week before. you had just finished getting ready when you heard a knock on your door.

"hey!" you said brightly, revealing the white haired man on the other side. he was wearing a burgundy three piece suit.

"y/n. you look gorgeous as always." koko smirked, his eyes working his way from your face down your body.

"likewise. you look good in red." you told him.

koko took mental note of that and cleared his throat a little.

"are you ready to get going? we'll meet the others there." koko asked you.

"sure!" you replied, putting on the pair of heels you picked out at the door. even though you didn't have anything to put in it, you grabbed a wristlet that complemented your outfit.

"wait, before i forget.." koko paused, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a cell phone.

"boss asked me to give you this."

your eyebrows pulled together as you took the phone from him, noticing it was one of the latest releases and better than your old one. you were also certain that if you looked at the tech specs that it would be the best one on the market.

not that you needed a cell phone like that, but still.

"a phone?" you asked.

"yeah. he thought it was time you got one." koko said.