35: two brothers ♡

warning: mature content

"how do you feel about hacking into a government database?" mikey asked you, carefully studying your reaction.

you had to try to contain your surprise, but he still saw the way your eyes widened ever so slightly. the way you had to swallow the lump in the back of your throat before speaking.

"what did you say?" you asked to try and see if he would drop it if you played dumb.

"i know you heard me the first time." mikey said, the corners of his lips curling up. he couldn't help but think you looked so cute caught off guard like that.

a feeling of dread welled up inside you as you remembered the first time you spoke with mikey, about what you needed to say when he asked you if he could do something.

"yes is the only answer if you want to live."

fuck no.. i don't want to do that shit again...

you opened your mouth to say something, but nothing came out. you sat there for at least 10 seconds before you managed to find your voice.

"i... i-i.." you let out, staring at mikey as you made noise.

all of a sudden, mikey smiled at you, his eyes closing.

"just kidding!" he exclaimed.

you were too stunned to speak for a moment.

"...you're joking?" you asked uncertainly.

"i was just messing with you. we don't need to worry about that, for now." he responded.

what the hell?

mikey opened his eyes again but the grin on his lips remained. he wrapped his arms around your waist and brought you close, nuzzling his face into your neck, making you gasp a bit.

"ah, mikey!" you exclaimed as he just nuzzled you more, his warm breath hitting the side of your neck.

"did that hurt?" he murmured against your skin.

"not really." you told him, rubbing your ribs with your hand.

"hmm.. so it did hurt you a bit." mikey let go of you, already seeing you were a little flush from the interaction. "i don't want to hurt you. you better go back upstairs and rest so we can hang out again soon."

you let out a little chuckle. he sounded like such a kid sometimes.

"okay." you agreed. you carefully backed up off his lap, straightening one of your legs to ease yourself into standing.

"i'll stop by soon." he told you, to which you nodded and gave him a small smile.

you walked back to the door, but as you went to grab the handle, something compelled you to turn around. mikey was looking at some paperwork on his desk, but feeling your stare, he looked up at you curiously.

"mikey," you called out to him softly. "thanks for checking in on me."

it took him a second to process your words, but when he did his lips curled up.

"no problem. you can stop by here or my place any time." he told you.

you exited the room after, feeling his gaze burning into your back until you closed the door behind you. walking over to the elevator to get back upstairs, you let out a sigh of relief.

when you arrived back to your place, you heard someone talking.

"yeah, mikey said we need to search the building for any evidence." a voice said. you were able to recognize it as kakucho.