12: what's left

warning: prescription drug use

when you woke up the next morning, you were still snuggled up to ran. even though there was still a hint of his lazy grin still on his lips, he was fast asleep. ran faced you and had protectively wrapped one of his arms around your back, bringing you closer to his warm chest.

the blackout curtains made it impossible to tell what time it was, but you didn't really care.

you closed your eyes and smiled. you didn't want to wake him up just yet.

it was wishful thinking.

knock knock knock

the sound of the knocking stirred ran from his sleep. his eyes were still slightly puffy from the night of sleep, and his hair was adorably tousled.

"i'm not answering that..." he grumbled.

knock knock knock

knock knock knock

ran let out a small groan of annoyance before brushing your hair back from your face and kissing your forehead.

"wait here." he murmured before standing up. he threw on his sweats from the night before padding over to his door and opening it.

unsurprisingly, you could hear someone shouting. you didn't need to see the person to know who it was.

"WHERE IS SHE?!!"

sanzu.

who else?

"why, are you looking for her?" you could hear the grin in ran's smooth voice. he sounded considerably more awake than he had just seconds before.

"obviously, dumbass." sanzu snapped. "i know she's here."

"hey, hey, no need to take that tone now. i just let her stay the night here since you left her on her own last night."

sanzu ignored ran, and you could hear footsteps stomping back towards the bedroom area. you knew you didn't have much time, so you quickly hopped out of bed and threw on your shirt and pants from yesterday. you managed to get all your clothes on, but you didn't have time to locate your panties. you would have to go commando for the day.

you strolled out of ran's bedroom casually and met sanzu in the hallway. his blue eyes were narrowed at you, and his fists were already clenched at his sides. he stormed up to you and grabbed your arm aggressively, making you yelp in pain.

sanzu dragged you back to the living room, where ran was waiting.

"she's coming with me now." sanzu told ran curtly.

"aww, you weren't going to stay for breakfast?" ran asked cheekily, cutting in between you and sanzu and the door.

"move out of my fucking way or i'll blow your brains out, haitani."

ran was unfazed by the threat and opened his mouth to respond, but you intervened. "it's okay, ran. i'll see you later?" you gave him a reassuring smile. there wasn't much sense in both of you having to endure sanzu's wrath.

"it's a date, beautiful." he responded smoothly, moving out of sanzu's way but coming closer to you. he leaned down to kiss your forehead.

sanzu gave ran a death glare, and ran met his gaze and smirked.

ran stepped out of the way and opened the door for you to exit, giving your backside an appreciative look as you passed by.

once you got back to sanzu's apartment, the interrogation continued.